Remove this ad

spacecase0

Illustrious Alchemist

#21 [url]

Dec 1 09 5:12 AM

my grandma use to say don't believe anything you read, and only half of what you see,
I wonder what she would say with current technology.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

ericreinhardt2003

Silver Monarch

#22 [url]

Dec 3 09 11:51 PM

Possibilty your grandma could have turned into a video game addict. ; ) Don't laugh. I know a 60 year old guy who was literally frying his brain  playing those games for 5 and 6 hours daily. He saw what it was doing to him and wisely tapered off. Guy is still "out there" though in many respects.

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Dec 21 09 10:12 AM

New thread at GLP

Moon tard here: THE friggin MOON is NOT RIGHT!

Quote:  (not OP)

Def something up with the moon, it's brighter, looks bigger and seems to have pole shifted.I swear it's a hologram, it was cloudy here in Glasgow the other night but the clouds never covered the moon they sorta went round it,was really bizarre.There's a video kicking about from yesterday I think and it shows clouds going BEHIND the moon.Either TPTB have stripped all they can from our planet and Moonbase Luna has bolted or there is something sitting btwn us and the real moon we not allowed to see.
"There is something between us and the real moon we [are] not allowed to see."

Check out the vid I posted above with clouds going BEHIND the moon. 

Quote    Reply   

ananda59

Tinsel Tiller

#29 [url]

Dec 24 09 6:09 AM

There is a ton of evidence to support the theory that the moon is artificial. The size it too perfect of a match for solar eclipses.  The moon rocks are about a billion years older than Earth and the moon rocks' age do not match the moon dust age. The orbit is circular, when it should be eliptical.  It rang like a bell during explosions on Earth.  It does not revolve but only shows one side. It is way too big to be a natural satellite. I believe also that the moon craters all stop at the same depth, which is too shallow for true collisions.  I agree with Spacecase.  Alien base probably beaming some sort of frequency control onto us. I get irritated every time I look at it. 

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Dec 24 09 2:09 PM

Me, too, ananda!  I just don't even look at it too much.  Sometimes, I will say, "Your days are numbered."

Who knows, with that video above showing the clouds going BEHIND the moon, maybe it's already gone and we're seeing a hologram?  

Maybe all those "meteorites" that have been crashing are chunks of the moon!  ;) 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

ananda59

Tinsel Tiller

#31 [url]

Dec 24 09 3:40 PM

I have seen other videos of the clouds going behind.  Someone is playing with big bright holograms or just covering up what's really going on.  Doesn't it suck to have a moon cycle to go with it.  No wonder we are so pissed off when it comes around!

Quote    Reply   

periol

Silver Monarch

#32 [url]

Dec 25 09 6:32 PM

Water particles found on surface of the moon, scientists say

The moon's surface is covered with glassy grains of soil containing significant amounts of water that could sustain human life, a new study has found.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/9607901/Water-particles-found-on-surface-of-the-moon-scientists-say.html

Researchers analysed samples of soil collected from the Moon by the Apollo missions and found it contained water in the form of compounds called hydroxyls.

The water was most likely formed on the surface of the Moon by the constant stream of charged particles ejected from the Sun known as "solar wind", the scientists said.

The traditional view that the Moon was entirely dry has been proven incorrect in recent years, with growing evidence that icy drops of water can be found on its surface.

In 2009, a Nasa satellite slammed into a crater and threw up a plume which scientists found contained an unexpectedly high amount of ice, and small amounts of water have also been found in powder and rock in the Moon's outer layer.

But although the discoveries have proven the existence of water, the problem which has continued to baffle scientists is where it came from.

Now a new paper by researchers from the University of Tennessee suggests the water was produced on the Moon's surface rather than being delivered there by a comet or other piece of space debris.

Solar wind is a flow of particles continually flowing away from the Sun. The Earth's magnetic field deflects them away from our planet, but the Moon has no such protection.

Researchers analysed the soil samples and found that they had similar chemical properties to charged hydrogen particles found in the solar wind.

The findings suggest the hydrogen was brought to the surface of the Moon in the solar wind, and then combined with oxygen to form hydroxyls, compounds similar to water which contain one hydrogen and one oxygen atom. These were then stored in the soil.

Youxue Zhang, one of the researchers, said: "Our work shows that the 'water' component, the hydroxyl, is widespread in lunar materials, although not in the form of ice or liquid water that can easily be used in a future manned lunar base."

Lead author Yang Liu added: "This also means that water likely exists on Mercury and on asteroids such as Vesta or Eros further within our solar system. These planetary bodies have very different environments, but all have the potential to produce water."

In an accompanying comment article in the Nature Geoscience Journal Dr Marc Chaussidon of the Université de Lorraine in France wrote that the findings were "opening the door to another source of water for inner Solar System bodies".

Quote    Reply   

periol

Silver Monarch

#33 [url]

Dec 25 09 6:35 PM

funny, i watched this video the other day, and thought about posting it, but didn't.

the guy claims water on planets comes from stars.  just like this article claims...

Quote    Reply   

periol

Silver Monarch

#34 [url]

Dec 27 09 6:56 AM

Been meaning to follow-up this post for a bit.  The quote below was from September 30.  40 days, and the tide has not come back to it's normal place yet.  It still ebbs and flows, but the low tide is WAY out there, and the high tide is nowhere near where it used to be.  I'm still going down every day.

Last week was a very, very strange week for me.  I don't know they why's or the how's, but for the first time ever in my life I woke up out of the blue at ridiculous hours in the morning, not tired in the slightest.  4:30 one morning, 5 another morning, 5:45 on Saturday on TWO HOURS OF SLEEP!  Granted, not the worst thing to happen to anyone, gave me a chance to do some much needed work around the house.  Still, this does not happen to me.  When I wake up at those hours, I usually roll over and go back to sleep in a minute or two.  Not this time.All week I wondered if it was the moon.  Then came Friday night.  I took my dog to the beach, which I do most days (one of the only benefits of living where I live).  With the days getting dark earlier, we get down there after sunset, although Roxie really couldn't care less, she still has fun.  Anyways, there was a woman at the beach with two dogs Friday night, and while we were running the dogs she commented that for the first time she could remember she could see her shadow in the nearly full moon.  Sure enough, I look down, and there's my shadow dark as night against the sand.  I hadn't realized how late it was because everything was so bright.  I haven't been tracking this forever, but I've been going down to the beach at night to wander and write for years and years now.  I know the ebbs and flows of the tides, I've spent plenty of time staring at the moonlight dancing off the waves, but this was totally new.  Don't know why, don't know how - but so strange.Last night at the beach under the full moon the same woman was there with a friend, and we played frisbee on the beach for 30 minutes in the "dark" under the full moon.  And not with one of those glowing frisbees.  That is NOT normal.

-periol

Quote    Reply   

periol

Silver Monarch

#35 [url]

Jan 6 10 11:24 AM

Hey guys, guess we were all wrong.  Oops

Moon phases have no link to behavior

http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2012/11/21/Moon-phases-have-no-link-to-behavior/UPI-31591353478740/#axzz2Cr5Mnp4N

Contrary to popular opinion, there is no link between the phases of the moon and the incidence of psychological problems, Canadian researchers say.

The study's conclusions run contrary to what many believe, including 80 percent of nurses and 64 percent of doctors who are convinced the lunar cycle affects patients' mental health.

Professor Genevieve Belleville of Universite Laval's School of Psychology and colleagues examined 771 individuals who showed up at the emergency room with chest pains for which no medical cause could be determined.

Psychological evaluations revealed a sizeable number of these patients suffered from panic attacks, anxiety and mood disorders, or suicidal thoughts, Belleville said.

Using lunar calendars, the researchers determined the moon phase in which each of the emergency room visits occurred.

The study, published in the journal General Hospital Psychiatry, said the analyses revealed no link among the incidence of psychological problems and the four lunar phases.

However, there was one exception. Anxiety disorders were 32 percent less frequent during the last lunar quarter.

"This may be coincidental or due to factors we did not take into account," Belleville said in a statement. "But one thing is certain: We observed no full-moon or new-moon effect on psychological problems."

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#37 [url]

Jan 7 10 1:16 AM

[url]WTF???!!!I mean, WHAT THE FUCK???!!!Folks, we are in some damn strange times!!!!Hit it at about 2:30

-mtlouie

Late getting to this thread but strangely enough it says "that video has been removed by the user".

What was on it please Lou?

Smile, breathe and go slowly.’ ~Thich Nhat Hanh

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#38 [url]

Jan 7 10 1:26 AM

Hey guys, guess we were all wrong.  OopsMoon phases have no link to behavior[url]Contrary to popular opinion, there is no link between the phases of the moon and the incidence of psychological problems, Canadian researchers say.The study's conclusions run contrary to what many believe, including 80 percent of nurses and 64 percent of doctors who are convinced the lunar cycle affects patients' mental health.Professor Genevieve Belleville of Universite Laval's School of Psychology and colleagues examined 771 individuals who showed up at the emergency room with chest pains for which no medical cause could be determined.Psychological evaluations revealed a sizeable number of these patients suffered from panic attacks, anxiety and mood disorders, or suicidal thoughts, Belleville said.Using lunar calendars, the researchers determined the moon phase in which each of the emergency room visits occurred.The study, published in the journal General Hospital Psychiatry, said the analyses revealed no link among the incidence of psychological problems and the four lunar phases.However, there was one exception. Anxiety disorders were 32 percent less frequent during the last lunar quarter."This may be coincidental or due to factors we did not take into account," Belleville said in a statement. "But one thing is certain: We observed no full-moon or new-moon effect on psychological problems."

-periol

I grew up with a guy (still a friend but we don't see each other often) who is a paranoid schizophrenic.  He knew, his family and friends knew, everyone in the area knew his behaviour was vastly influenced by the phases of the moon.  In fact he dated several women in the area and mostly they discontinued relationships with him because he had a very clear pattern of becoming quite aggressive when the moon was full.  They weren't subtle changes.  He dated two good friends of mine for a while and they discussed with me several times how they were shocked at how much he changed through the moon's phases. 

Whether this is typical of paranoid schizophrenics - I have no idea, but the moon certainly did/probably still does seem to influence my friend's mood and behaviour.

Smile, breathe and go slowly.’ ~Thich Nhat Hanh

Quote    Reply   

periol

Silver Monarch

#39 [url]

Jan 7 10 1:33 AM

I grew up with a guy (still a friend but we don't see each other often) who is a paranoid schizophrenic.  He knew, his family and friends knew, everyone in the area knew his behaviour was vastly influenced by the phases of the moon.  In fact he dated several women in the area and mostly they discontinued relationships with him because he had a very clear pattern of becoming quite aggressive when the moon was full.  They weren't subtle changes.  He dated two good friends of mine for a while and they discussed with me several times how they were shocked at how much he changed through the moon's phases. Whether this is typical of paranoid schizophrenics - I have no idea, but the moon certainly did/probably still does seem to influence my friend's mood and behaviour.

-emeline

Believe me, I posted that article because it's ridiculous.  The moon very clearly and obviously impacts behavior, and lots and lots of other things.  

What's really interesting to me is why they would try so hard to blatantly lie to us about it.  Weird.

-------------
In other news, the tide finally kinda sort came back in today for the first time in a long, long time.  It's still not back to where it used to be, but now it's only about 75 feet away instead of hundreds and hundreds of feet out.  FWIW

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Jan 7 10 2:10 AM

-------------
In other news, the tide finally kinda sort came back in today for the first time in a long, long time.  It's still not back to where it used to be, but now it's only about 75 feet away instead of hundreds and hundreds of feet out.  FWIW"

Have you talked about this before, P.?!

I swear, I have to stop reading only the recently posted stuff.  I miss things.

Do tell!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help