Smile, breathe and go slowly.’ ~Thich Nhat Hanh

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

antelopone

Tin Warrior

#4 [url]

Aug 13 10 12:51 AM

Maori by Alan Dean Foster is a quasi-historical novel which very closely resembles New Zealand history up to nationhood. Maori are the natives that fought settlers and crown troops to a stalemate in New Zealand for 25 years in the late 1800s. And New Zealand was the first nation to allow women to vote. In 1886 Mt Tarawera erupted in New Zealand and is written about in the book Tarawera.

Maori are fierce fighters that love war and fighting. During the early campaigns the settlers and crown soldiers had the Maori trapped in a fort but lost 1/3 of their force attacking frontally. They began digging tunnels to mine under the walls and the fighting continued. The settler forces were running out of food and yet had many days left to finish the tunnels before they would reach the walls. The Maori learned this and went out to meet them under a white flag. They bought large amounts of food stuffs which many warriors carried and gave it to the settler/crown forces so that they would not give up their fight on their fort.

Last Edited By: antelopone Aug 13 10 12:58 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

antelopone

Tin Warrior

#5 [url]

Aug 14 10 3:13 AM

I just watched a DVD called "The Men Who Stare At Goats" which is a weird comedy based on the book by the same name by author Jon Ronson. The film starred four major actors George Clooney, Jeff Bridges, Ewan McGregor, and Kevin Spacey. This was a tongue in cheek spoof on the remote viewing books and the Star Wars films. What was neat is that Ewan McGregor was also a Jedi Knight in the Star Wars films and he was continually fed lines about the Jedi throughout the film. They must have had fun making this film because the acting was not that great probably because they often had a hard time keeping a straight face delivering their lines.

They did include one interesting fact. During the Vietnam war only 15-20% of men could bring themselves to kill the enemy. The rest of the soldiers would fire high, not aim, pretend to do something else etc. This figure is thought to be even lower in the US Civil War.-- J.E. Ante

Quote    Reply   

antelopone

Tin Warrior

#6 [url]

Aug 14 10 7:54 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Millennial-Hospitality-II-World-ebook/dp/B00D4IKFZK/ref=pd_sim_kstore_2

Millennial Hospitality by Charles James Hall is the first in a series of UFO books of this author about the tall whites. The books are self-published and expensive at $20 to $35 each on Amazon. I bought the download edition for $3.03.
I reading the book to the end and so learned why the author could not find a mainstream publisher. I kept thinking it has to get better or make a point sometime or be less contradictory but it was consistent to the very end.

If anyone has read the next few volumes let me know if they get any better. He has no where else to go but up so I expect they do get better. -- J.E. Ante

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help