Remove this ad

tlr1138

Silver Monarch

Lead

May 12 09 1:30 AM

Tags : :

I just learned about this story recently, though it happened last year.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/joyce-meyers-ex-bodyguard-convicted-of-murder-50138/

Christopher Coleman, the former security chief for televangelist Joyce Meyer, was found guilty this week of murdering his family. Jurors also determined that he is eligible for the death penalty.

Coleman was convicted Thursday of strangling his wife and two sons, who were 11 and 9, in 2009.

Pulled into the case, Meyer testified that she was unaware that Coleman was having an affair until she was informed by the police. According to the Belleville News Democrat, the well-known evangelist and speaker said he would have been fired if he was having an extra-marital affair.

Prosecutors argued that Coleman carried out the murder to keep his job and continue his relationship with the other woman, who was his wife's friend.

A wrongful death lawsuit was filed earlier this week in Monroe County in Illinois by the wife's family against Joyce Meyer Ministries "for its failure to recognize that accused family murderer Christopher Coleman was a threat to his wife and two sons," according to a statement.

The lawsuit claims that the organization should have been aware of Coleman being a threat because he was sending threatening messages to his family from his employee issued computer and cell phone.

"This tragic murder would have been preventable if Joyce Meyer Ministries had responded to the threats and the extramarital affair and warned Sheri appropriately," said Antonio M. Romanucci, an attorney.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

friday

Tin Warrior

#1 [url]

May 12 09 1:58 AM

So an employer is responsible for all communications sent from their equipment and is expected to monitor all calls (even from cellphones), text messages, emails, instant messages, facebook updates, Skype calls, game chat, forum posts, tweets, and all other forms of communication? 

Is it even legal, let alone possible, for an employer to monitor all those things?

"There is one rule that's very simple, but not easy: observe reality and adjust." - Ran Prieur

Quote    Reply   

concernedmomma

Silver Monarch

#2 [url]

May 12 09 11:26 AM

I smell a gold digger in a major way here.

So he was sending threatening messages to his family from his employee issued computer and cell phone, yet it's somehow the bosses fault that ....The wife didn't take him seriously?

--"This tragic murder would have been preventable if Joyce Meyer Ministries had responded to the threats and the extramarital affair and warned Sheri appropriately,"

What is the boss supposed to call up the wife and say 'No seriously ..he looks really mad at you. Take him seriously!"

Rrrrrriiight. If it was any other boss except for a famously RICH minister ....there would be no lawsuit.
Also, no ..it is NOT legal for the boss to monitor all those communications(only on their own supplied systems with a disclaimer signed befor hand by the employee). There is a big broo haha about potential employers are requesting facebook passwords to look up peoples profiles.
Also I would love to know the relationship befor this happened of the person filing this lawsuit. I mean if my hubby kills me and my brother files a lawsuit it is defo for the money because we dont talk at all type deal. Ya know?
But ..the tin on this could well be the whole 'set up' to try  to take away more of our rights. Soon they will even have a toilet cam in our homes.

Well aren't you just a fun little lollipop triple dipped in psycho......

Quote    Reply   

friday

Tin Warrior

#3 [url]

May 12 09 6:05 PM

I doubt it's an attempt to get the public and employers to accept that level of surveillance since congress has no qualms anymore about passing draconian laws.

Though, on the other side of the tinfoil, maybe this is an attempt to absolve employers of all responsibility even if they have been made aware that there were threatening messages originating from their equipment.

It's odd for sure.

"There is one rule that's very simple, but not easy: observe reality and adjust." - Ran Prieur

Quote    Reply   

tlr1138

Silver Monarch

#4 [url]

May 13 09 12:52 AM

Actually, I just posted this because I thought it was interesting that a televangelist would hire a psychopath for a security chief. Also there was the suspicion that the guy was worried about losing his job if the Ministry found out he was having an affair.

Quote    Reply   

friday

Tin Warrior

#5 [url]

May 13 09 1:44 AM

He was head of security, not exactly a job for a cuddly individual and their moral policy is pretty standard for a religious institution

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help