Remove this ad

emeline

Silver Monarch

#42 [url]

May 12 09 9:03 AM

Thanks marlowe, a lot of big ones the last few weeks!

PINE GAP AND THE AUSTRALIAN QUAKE:

I just “happened” on this information while researching something else, as is so often the case. The infamous Pine Gap black op military information gathering installation turns out to be nowhere else but in central Australia right near the location of the recent rogue Australian 5.7 quake that shook so many up.
Weird? There’s more.

More here:

http://www.zengardner.com/pine-gap-and-the-australian-quake/

Smile, breathe and go slowly.’ ~Thich Nhat Hanh

Quote    Reply   

concernedmomma

Silver Monarch

#43 [url]

May 23 09 5:31 PM

That Earthquake that happened in Mexico, this is amazing video of it rippling through to Devil Hole.

This goes to show the untold damage earthquakes do that we dont even see.

#!

Well aren't you just a fun little lollipop triple dipped in psycho......

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#44 [url]

May 27 09 10:08 AM

Damn, Indonesia just got an 8.7.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10798209

A tsunami watch was issued for countries across the Indian Ocean after a large earthquake hit waters off Indonesia on Wednesday, triggering widespread panic as residents along coastlines fled to high ground in cars and on the backs of motorcycles.
Some were crying. Others screamed "God as great" as they poured from their homes.

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#45 [url]

May 27 09 10:10 AM

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre in Hawaii said a tsunami watch was in effect for Indonesia, India, Sri Lanka, Australia, Myanmar, Thailand, the Maldives and other Indian Ocean islands, Malaysia, Pakistan, Somalia, Oman, Iran, Bangladesh, Kenya, South Africa and Singapore. A tsunami watch means there is the potential for a tsunami, not that one is imminent.
Said, an official at Indonesia's Meteorology and Geophysics Agency who goes by only one name, said a tsunami warning has been issued for cities all along the coast of Sumatra island.

There was chaos in the streets, with fierce shaking continuing for nearly four minutes.

Four minutes!  surprise

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#46 [url]

May 27 09 10:29 AM

Oh here's an interesting little snippet.....

BREAKING NEWS: Tsunami warning after massive earthquake hits waters off Indonesia while David Cameron visits the country

Indonesia has issued a tsunami warning after a massive earthquake hit waters off its coast today during a visit there by Prime Minister David Cameron.
The quake, with an 8.7 magnitude, hit waters off, Aceh, the same westernmost province that was devastated in 2004 Boxing Day disaster.
The quake was centred 20 miles beneath the ocean floor around 308 miles from the provincial capital of Banda Aceh.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2128105/Indonesia-issues-tsunami-warning-earthquake-hits-waters-near-Aceh-David-Cameron-visits-country.html#ixzz1rj6VJke1

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#47 [url]

May 27 09 10:35 AM

So let's list the "coincidences" I can think of right now.

The Norwegian spiral occurs when Obama visits there (explained as a Russian missile?).

Christchurch, NZ gets hit by a major quake hours after US Congressmen fly out of the city.

Indonesia gets a huge quake the day David Cameron is visiting.

Malia Obama is in Mexico the day a 7.4 quake strikes.

Another one spin pointed out a while back was " spin, 23 March 2012 12:29 AM

I remember posting that it seemed weird that there was an earthquake in northern Italy that was felt up through Switzerland right during the recent Davos event".

At that Davos event it says there were 2600 leaders from 100 countries. 

What did I miss?

Is anyone else seeing a pattern here or am I just a paranoid conspiracy theorist? angel

Quote    Reply   

concernedmomma

Silver Monarch

#49 [url]

May 27 09 11:00 AM

I wonder how this quake meets up with that 188 day cycle video that was on here not too long ago.

Em, you forgot to add the odd coincidences of FEMA holding 'drills' and miraculiously whatever they are training for happens?

Quote    Reply   

snowflower

Tin Warrior

#50 [url]

May 27 09 1:48 PM

There were two earthquakes off the coast of Sumatra in the wee hours this morning of 8.6 and 8.2. They had tsunami warnings up. That's all I know at the moment.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/second-earthquake-of-8-2-magnitude-hits-sumatra-196386

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

emeline

Silver Monarch

#51 [url]

May 27 09 7:19 PM

LARGEST EARTHQUAKES SINCE 1900

(Reuters) - Here is a factbox showing the 10 strongest earthquakes recorded since 1900, by order of magnitude, as Indonesia issued a tsunami warning for a time after a 8.6 magnitude earthquake struck off its westernmost province of Aceh on Wednesday.

May 22, 1960 - Chile - An earthquake of magnitude 9.5 struck Santiago and Concepcion, triggering tidal waves and volcanic eruptions. Some 5,000 people were killed and 2 million made homeless.

March 28, 1964 - Alaska - An earthquake and ensuing tsunami killed 125 people and caused about $310 million in property loss. The magnitude 9.2 quake buffeted a large area of Alaska and parts of western Yukon Territory and British Columbia in Canada.

December 26, 2004 - Indonesia - A magnitude 9.1 quake struck off the coast of Aceh province on the Indonesian island of Sumatra, setting off a tsunami that killed more than 226,000 people in Sri Lanka, Thailand, Indonesia, India and nine other countries.

November 4, 1952 - Russia - An earthquake with a magnitude of 9.0 generated a tsunami that reached the Hawaiian islands. No lives were lost.

March 11, 2011 - An 9.0 magnitude quake struck Japan, the strongest on record in the country, and a big tsunami followed, triggering the worst nuclear crisis in 25 years since Chernobyl in Ukraine. More than 15,000 people died from the combination of the earthquake and tsunami.

Rest here:

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/mp/13397836/largest-earthquakes-since-1900/

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#54 [url]

May 28 09 10:31 AM

Thanks marlowe.

We had a 4.6 while I was in Christchurch today.  I was sitting in my parked car and it felt like someone had come along and was rocking the car.  It was really quite violent and seemed very long.  I thought it would have been higher than a 4.6.

Things are really rocking and reeling right now huh?

Kept thinking of those poor Indonesians though and how terrifying it must have been.

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#57 [url]

May 29 09 12:46 AM

mgb I think USGS reports point 5 and above?  I'd have to check but I seem to think that's their policy.

However, there are big discrepancies in the earthquake reporting agencies around the world.   I've noticed some of them several times.  It's not just in reporting/non-reporting of some 5 and over, but the scale given to them.   I talked to a scientist at our NZ service some months back and she told me the USGS uses a "different" scale which is one whole point lower than what most other international agencies use.  Evidently what would be a 7 here the USGS would give a 6.

Some of them also seem to retrospectively change some of the data.    This is sometimes for valid reasons - other times when they do that I really don't see the reason why.

Quote    Reply   

concernedmomma

Silver Monarch

#58 [url]

May 29 09 10:56 PM

So this weekend there is a SUPER storm heading towards us. The SPC has issued their highest level of alert.

It is very unusual for SPC to issue a "High Risk" forecast more than a day in advance of a suspected tornado outbreak; according to Wikipedia, today's "High Risk" forecast is only the second time SPC has ever done this. The other instance was for the April 6 - 8, 2006 tornado outbreak focused over Tennessee, which generated 73 tornadoes that killed 13

Tonight it looks like Missouri is under the bullseye (grreeeaaat)

Saturday - Nebraska, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Texas

Sunday - Iowa and Minnesota

This is a huge storm and there are reports already that it will be a record breaker.

Now to top this all off (here's the tin baby!)

-An experiment that makes some tornado warnings sound more graphic begins this week in Missouri and Kansas, and the warnings will include West Central Illinois.
Warnings for large dangerous tornadoes will include such language as "this storm is not survivable" or tell you that "you could be killed."

I have to say ...WTF? ***gulp***

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/weather/2012-04-02/new-tornado-warnings-coming-midwest.html

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#59 [url]

May 30 09 1:10 AM

Oh my god!

Wow CM, I hope everything is going to be okay for you.  Please keep us informed if you can.   I'll sure be thinking of you and sending you my best thoughts.  heart

I was looking a while ago at that hail they got in Texas the other day.  surprise

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help