Remove this ad

concernedmomma

Silver Monarch

#121 [url]

Mar 27 09 2:43 PM

Okay so wow, doing more research on this music/note thing and I was curious what it 'sounded' like and so I went in search of terms and what not.

Basically it seems to boil down to sort of chant/repitition sort of thing which intrests me greatly. I am the type that will sit and listen to Native American Indian drum/cryer music because it just sounds nice to me.

I found some really nice greek chant that almost made me cry from the tone of it.

Then I found THIS! Oh my I never knew about this ..Charging water in a Tibetian singing bowl. Keeping in mind humans are made up of 95% water ..this ..sound vibration thing has more merrit than I think we might think.

Well aren't you just a fun little lollipop triple dipped in psycho......

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

concernedmomma

Silver Monarch

#122 [url]

Mar 27 09 3:21 PM

That is amazing Goodnessknows! I have never heard of that.

I had a really bad case of tennis elbow/tendonitis where in I had to have therapy for it. One thing they did was an ultra sound vibration massage on the area. You didnt hear or feel anything other than coolness from the gel they put on it but I was told the sound went in and relaxed the tissue/muscle in the area of greatest pain.

It really did work too. On the days they would use that machine ..I would be pain free for 2-3 days after.

The world is really a miraculious place if we choose to see it.

Quote    Reply   

zephyr

Tinsel Tiller

#125 [url]

Mar 27 09 4:43 PM

A study of sound and DNA: 
Scientists were able to analyze a cell tissue by associating the musical scale with the frequencies within the DNA.  1) They took a cancer tumor's cell, incubated it, and then analyzed its DNA frequences aginst the musical scale:  the tones formed a funeral dirge.
2) They took a cell from a heart that was in process of being transplanted, analyzed the frequencies, and it came out in tones, sounding like a beautiful Mozart "allegro" piano piece, full of joy!
-

-goodnessknows

How extraordinary! I'd love to read more - do you have a link at all, please? 

Quote    Reply   

concernedmomma

Silver Monarch

#126 [url]

Mar 27 09 7:43 PM

Wow. I MUST get a tibetan singing bowl. MUST. I want to drink that water.

-snowflower

I know right!

I was like ..I wonder what it tastes like? I wonder if it gets warm or hot or colder? I wonder if it would make your fillings zing like if you eat a small bit of foil? I wonder if drinking that water fils you with energy? makes you nausaus? so many 'I wonders"

I just thought that was just so amazing ..but also I wonder what would happen to a human that was 'tuned' like in that bowl.

EDIT:: You can buy a bowl on Amazon!! Who knew! They arent even very expensive.

Quote    Reply   

concernedmomma

Silver Monarch

#130 [url]

Mar 28 09 12:37 AM

LOL You mean you havent thought to drink some till now? That means me and Lua are goofballs grin

Anyone else wanna join the club? Hehe

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#131 [url]

Mar 28 09 1:05 PM

RE: th eGreek chant posted above - That is why  I LOVE the liturgy of the Eastern Rite of the Church. The chant is gorgeous and illuminating. The Gregorian Chant masses are good too, whatever you think of the baggage of the Roman Church.

I have a spray from the local hippie dippy shop (smudge spray) which as water from Mary's well at Ephesus and from Glastonbury well in England ( the Chalice's respitory) which I use daily to clease space in my room and on my body to bless myself before going out to "do battle" with the world each day, to protect from bad juju and help be a positive influence in the world.

The Great Spirit is everywhere; he hears whatever is in our minds and our hearts, and it is not necessary to speak to Him in a loud voice. - Black Elk, Lakota

Quote    Reply   

#132 [url]

Mar 28 09 2:16 PM

A study of sound and DNA:
Scientists were able to analyze a cell tissue by associating the musical scale with the frequencies within the DNA. 1) They took a cancer tumor's cell, incubated it, and then analyzed its DNA frequences aginst the musical scale: the tones formed a funeral dirge.
2) They took a cell from a heart that was in process of being transplanted, analyzed the frequencies, and it came out in tones, sounding like a beautiful Mozart "allegro" piano piece, full of joy!
- GK

-goodnessknows

How extraordinary! I'd love to read more - do you have a link at all, please?
  - Zephyr

Thanks, Zephyr --
I'll try and find the background information on the "Sound and DNA" experiments using cell tissue.
A friend who is a mathematician and reads a lot of science sent me the journal article about it, but I'm not sure wehre to find it -- that was some time ago.

I might do a search online for that phrase, and see what I can find.
That story might be in the book, The Mozart Effect, ("Tapping the Power of Music to Heal the Body...")
by Don Campbell.
What great and undiscovered mysteries the universe holds for us!!
GK

Quote    Reply   

snowflower

Tin Warrior

#134 [url]

Mar 28 09 5:47 PM

I am going to be putting enough money into my account to buy a tibetan bowl on Monday. It just feels to me like a super important thing to do - to charge that water. And - what is it charged "with?" I'm thinking that if one sits in meditation and focuses love, healing, and beauty energy as one is doing the charging, that is what will go into the water. It would be best not to think about one's deepest enemy,lol.

Quote    Reply   

screech

Tinsel Tiller

#135 [url]

Mar 28 09 8:05 PM

I wonder what would happen if you put a crystal in the water in the singing bowl?

(around the 2:50 mark)

Great thread! Much love to you all! :)

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help