Remove this ad

concernedmomma

Silver Monarch

Lead

Mar 1 09 1:57 AM

Tags : :

It's funny how something seemingly innocent happening really makes you stop and think about your situation.

I got sucked into a mass Banning over at GLP and I will be damned if I am giving 10$ a month to get my morning bullshit news.  This has lead me to try to find another site that appeals in some what sort of the same way.

I try to stay away from mainstream media because well, they spin their news as we all know and not towards the truth.

Also I am not wanting to read and read and read pages of droning on info to 'get to the F**king point already please!!" conspiracy theories and suppositions.  I just want it short and sweet. If it piques my intrest THEN I will go and look it up and research and read more to my hearts content.

Recently I am feeling as tho the internet as a whole is almost overwhelming. When you no longer have a focus it can be a nightmare to 'look' stuff up on a daily basis. To try to find those few gems of intresting reading material is a search in a haystack full of needles.

Needless to say it's boring! LOL

What types of sites do you all visit on a "Must view daily" Basis? and yes, I have run down the link list but I am tired of survival survival survival stuff. ;)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Mar 1 09 2:41 AM

I visit three sites now: this one, Hubbert's Arms, and Pamela's news site.

The rest are beyond boring.  They're hideous.  I have a friend who e-mails me all kinds of stuff, so I tend to post news articles here that she's sent me, if I find them entertaining or interesting.

I think the internet is silly all the way around.  I still like tinfoil, but even that is starting to wear on me.  Mostly because I'm getting fidgety wondering what the heck is going to happen. 

I did dump facebook.  That became too embarassing for me to continue.  There's something just so weirdly narcissitic about it (outside the pretty horrible invasion of privacy) and I watched that movie about the guy that started it, and it made me kind of queasy to think I was associated with such a thing.  Him. It. All of it. 

Anyway, it's a crazy world.  It always has been, of course, but it is truly OUT THERE now, and I find it harder and harder to "join in."

It's really hit me how ludicrous it all is, now that I'm listening to television drone in the background all the time.  It has been years since I watched television, and it's nauseating how nuts it's all become.

Plus, like you momma, I've been reading about all this stuff for YEARS.  There's not much new out there.  Or, as the book says, "There's nothing new under the sun."

For me, for a long time, there was new stuff to read about, but now I've pretty much read it all and not one damn thing has stopped it, so what's the point?

None, really.  I come here because I just like you all, and I like to read what you have to say, and what the folks over at Llamedos have to say.  That's about it. 

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#2 [url]

Mar 1 09 3:41 AM

Haha, talk about synchronicity!

I've been feeling this way much of the time for months now.  In fact I seriously considered getting the Internet disconnected, but I cannot - and I do mean cannot - do without it for work, banking, bill paying etc.

The only other thing which would stop me is - sincerely - I like you guys and I'd miss you.

I think we're having a bit of a lull here because sometimes this whole tinfoil thing just feels like we go round and round in circles chasing our tail and never getting anywhere, yanno?   Like, what's the point?  There are so many "expert" conspiracy theorists/foilers out there who think they have the answer - and I think a lot of them have maybe something - but is it even possible for us to know "the answer"?      I think I just hope to find some nuggets of truth - because I think maybe the truth is something - surreal, but I want something with substance, not just the endless fantasy stories so many tinfoil type sites have.  Also, I think there are those deliberately muddying the waters.

GLP is bullshit and an absolute waste of time.  I think I've been there once in the last month and did a quick scan down to see it's the same nonsense - but he finished me anyway with all that right-wing garbage he was screaming at the top of his lungs.   Hahaha, the great conspiracy theorist goes all right-wing establishment, too funny.

Smile, breathe and go slowly.’ ~Thich Nhat Hanh

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#3 [url]

Mar 1 09 4:08 AM

There was a time in my 20's when I worked for several months on this farm out the back of beyond, where there was no communication with the outside world, nothing, nada, zilch, no news at all.   No TV reception, no mail, no newspapers.  At first it was like wow, how would I survive not knowing what was happening in the world? It felt spooky....... And yet it turned out to be the most wonderful thing not hearing about DOOM AND GLOOM every single day.   It was actually quite blissful.  It was one of the best times of my life. 

There is that saying, "what you focus on expands".   True that.  The more you focus on doom and gloom, the more it expands.    I'm not saying we should ignore the potential for bad things to happen either - they can and will - but I've always considered myself a "prepper" (which I see as a prudent and sensible way to live at any time, today or if "doom" should come) and not a doomer.    I think doom is a religion with some people. 

Also have you noticed the doomsayers are nearly always wrong?

The rest of the Internet - for the most part I have become increasingly disenchanted with it.   I just find most of it - boring.    Some nights if I'm in the mood I might surf around for a while still and try to find something interesting to read - but mostly I don't find anything I would call incredibly interesting.

And I am like CM -  I hate wading through a pile of stuff to find at the end - they had nothing.  Just more stories.     If I want to read fiction, I like to be told it's fiction at the beginning. grin

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#5 [url]

Mar 1 09 4:12 AM

Frustrated maybe CM.    I think maybe with me it's doing things like reading a whole lot of Gary Zukav and thinking, okayyyy, a lot of it is VERY interesting, but on the other hand......I don't believe he has got one piece of evidence to substantiate a single thing  he says.

I think I've got to that stage I just want something real, yanno?

And don't you wonder if this whole thing is meaningless?  I mean, everything?  Is it just some great, cosmic accident?   Like, is this it?  Like it says in that Pink Floyd song, "All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be"?   Sometimes it just seems like that...that the only meaning life has is the meaning we, each of us, give it?

That in the macro it doesn't make sense and so many people are trying to make sense of something which doesn't make any sense?

Quote    Reply   

periol

Silver Monarch

#6 [url]

Mar 1 09 5:56 AM

I'm with you ladies.  I've been doing my best to keep on top of the world for the past two years, but the internet has bored me to death.  I'm not interested in exploring anymore.  I come here, End of Empire, and sometimes the other forums.  Check up on the sports, and tech news, and then I'm bored.  I'm never bored.  I haven't chosen on my own to watch movies in over two years, but recently...

For  me it's more than the internet.  Since we're all bored, I'll tell you the saga of my album.  I paid a sound engineer to record me last february.  Long story short, we hit it off and became roommates, but he turned out to be very lazy, and never finished mixing the album.  Granted, it was going to be a lot of work, but I did pay him a lot of money, and he still had more coming.  Regardless, nothing happened, but I was stuck because he used a Macintosh to record, and I didn't have one.  I'm not rich, so it took a few months, but I built one, illegally downloaded the software I needed, got the album, and have been learning how to mix since then.  Which is not easy, by the way.  I also realized I had to redo some vocals, add other instruments, on and on and on it's gone, and here I am almost a year into the project, and I have no idea how to bring it to completion, you know?  And the worst part is knowing there are folks who know what they're doing who could finish this off for me in, like, two days.  But I slave away at what feels like nothing.  Last weekend I bought a drum machine because the drums really aren't good enough, and now I have the added burden of figuring out what I'm doing there.  Onwards and Upwards!  One step forwards and two more back!  

It's more than that too.  Nothing is comfortable in my life.  My desk chair; my couch; my bed; my computer/work setup; my kitchen, my living room - all of it.  It's all wrong, and it keeps me off balance all the time.  I can't just settle down to work on my album, I have to rearrange everything and arch my neck or stand in an awkward position.  I can't just sit down and play my keyboards, I have to find the right power cord and plug it in, and then get things arranged and get the amp on, and by now I've already half forgotten the reason that drove me over into the synth corner in the first place.  

Whatever, I'll stop complaining.  I know I'm not the only one who feels stuck in a rut.  The "economy" is stuck in a rut, politics is stuck in a rut, the company I work for is stuck in a rut (and they're at least making money, just not as much as they want to be making).  It's like everyone is tense everywhere, waiting (wishing?) (hoping?) for something to happen.

I keep trying to remind myself that every step matters.  And maybe it does, but this is one of those times when ever single step seems so ridiculously complicated and draining.  Glad you guys are still here to commiserate with (please at least warn us good if you're shutting off the internet em!!).  I really feel like it's not just us dealing with this, but I'm glad we can all be in it together.

Quote    Reply   

periol

Silver Monarch

#7 [url]

Mar 1 09 6:12 AM

I think we're having a bit of a lull here because sometimes this whole tinfoil thing just feels like we go round and round in circles chasing our tail and never getting anywhere, yanno?   Like, what's the point?  There are so many "expert" conspiracy theorists/foilers out there who think they have the answer - and I think a lot of them have maybe something - but is it even possible for us to know "the answer"?      I think I just hope to find some nuggets of truth - because I think maybe the truth is something - surreal, but I want something with substance, not just the endless fantasy stories so many tinfoil type sites have.  Also, I think there are those deliberately muddying the waters.

-emeline

I've wondered about this.  We know the emperor has no clothes.  It gets kind of wearying watching everyone else run and around and continue to pretend.  I tried yelling at people and it didn't do any good.  

I think we;re all just ready for some more damned REVEALING already.  Can we get on with it?  

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Mar 1 09 6:02 PM

There is that saying, "what you focus on expands".   True that.  The more you focus on doom and gloom, the more it expands.

"By declaring a war on drugs, crime, cancer, and poverty, we managed to increase their presence in our lives.  A war on terror is having the same effect."   Wayne Dyer

Well, nobody ever said the evil ones were stupid.

Maybe we should have a section for good news?

Also have you noticed the doomsayers are nearly always wrong? 

Yep.  Again, check their track records.  Their ratios are horrible.  Thank goodness.  ;)

Periol- 

It's more than that too.  Nothing is comfortable in my life.  My desk chair; my couch; my bed; my computer/work setup; my kitchen, my living room - all of it.  It's all wrong, and it keeps me off balance all the time.

I cannot even begin to tell you how this resonates with me right now.  I feel like my real life is just on the other side of the glass, if I could just break through it.  It's an improvement, however, as for most of my life I was pretty sure I was in someone else's life.

But this is almost even worse; I now KNOW where my life is, but I'm looking at it through a glass.  (Not "darkly," however. ;)

Quote    Reply   

periol

Silver Monarch

#9 [url]

Mar 1 09 7:57 PM

MtLouie,

it's not even a problem I know how to fix.  at least without throwing out all my furniture and starting from scratch, which i'm seriously thinking about doing even though i have no money, but who has time for all that?  i don't.  

it goes beyond that because what i really really want is to nerd over my music stuff all the time, and every day that i go to work feels WRONG.  i have a pretty decent job compared to most i've had, so it's not that, but sometimes i'm with you, it's like i'm looking longingly through the glass at what the real periol should be doing.

When I used to focus more on writing, I called these 'dry patches' but dry patches I could still work through, I'd just end up not being happy with the results.  But that's not what's happening here.  I feel like I'm slowly being tortured - not working on new stuff, not knowing how to work on old stuff, keeping everything else on the sidelines to give me the space to focus when I can get it, which isn't often.  

I wish I had advice.  I tend to look at the discomfort as a guide to where I'm supposed to get, and one lesson I've learned is that life moves much more slowly than I do, so sometimes I think the only thing to do is wait for the rains.  

Quote    Reply   

tlr1138

Silver Monarch

#10 [url]

Mar 1 09 10:02 PM

I discovered this site today; looks pretty interesting.

http://wakeup-world.com/

But I am spending less time online, because it is all just more of the same old, same old.
I've been re-reading Colin Wilson's classic book "The Outsider" (1956) - here are some quotes:

"This is the sense of unreality, that can strike out of a perfectly clear sky. Good health and strong nerves can make it unlikely; but that may be only because the man in good health is thinking about other things and doesn't look in the direction where the uncertainty lies. And once a man has seen it, the world can never afterwards be quite the same straightforward place. Barbusse has shown us that the Outsider is a man who cannot live in the comfortable, insulated world of the bourgeois, accepting what he sees and touches as reality. 'He sees too deep and too much,' and what he sees is essentially chaos. For the bourgeois, the world is fundamentally an orderly place...For the Outsider, the world is not rational, not orderly...it is a distressing sense that truth must be told at all costs...

His case, in fact, is that he is the one man who knows he is sick in a civilization that doesn't know it is sick. Certain Outsiders we shall consider later would go even further and declare that it is human nature that is sick, and the Outsider is the man who faces that unpleasant fact..."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

concernedmomma

Silver Monarch

#11 [url]

Mar 1 09 11:09 PM

Okay weirding me out ....

Periol- 
It's more than that too.  Nothing is comfortable in my life.  My desk chair; my couch; my bed; my computer/work setup; my kitchen, my living room - all of it.  It's all wrong, and it keeps me off balance all the time.

Lou- I cannot even begin to tell you how this resonates with me right now.

This is me now as well. I am just uncomfortable in everything I attempt at the moment. Even my skin feels wrong. It's dry and tight to the point of having wrinkles on my forearms??  like stretch wrinkles. Anyway yes, everything is just uncomfortable. I go to sit and read something and I will forget a drink, go to get a drink and see something needing to be put away or wiped up, get back to read and forget my drink, go to get the drink ..sit back down to read ..and now I put the damn book somewhere in my finding drink/cleaning/moving stuff episode! Arrrrghhh Rinse and repeat ALL DAY LONG ..It's exhausting.

Well aren't you just a fun little lollipop triple dipped in psycho......

Quote    Reply   

ericreinhardt2003

Silver Monarch

#12 [url]

Mar 1 09 11:12 PM

Before It's News is an excellent site which you should all  check out. I like Sorcha Faal of course for intellligence info. And GLP is both entertaining to me and there are a few gems there  amongst the muck. I ask you, who could resist reading a post such as this at GLP, " I just ate two cans of beans and passed gas. Ask me a question." ; )

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Mar 2 09 6:05 AM

What if this is it, as far as Revealing is concerned?

Lots of previously hidden stuff was brought out. Some people listened. Some learned.
Most folks shut it out. Reversing a lifetimes worth of lessons is painful, if not downright
impossible. How many folks here have local friends and neighbors to discuss the most
of the things we do here with each other? I don't, and I wager neither do you.

I've learned much in the past ten years, The Internet has been the major factor in this.

I've been able to read things I wouldn't have normally had access to.  Books, or at least books of any
educational value outside the "mainstream" narratives, are not available in most library systems. If a
Library did have any, I would be at least mildly intimidated to ask the Librarian for many titles referenced
here in tinfoil-land. Right after the Unibomber was sentenced, the local library put up a notice on how Library
records can be used in a court against you. In these times that's a quaint notion, but in the late 1990's        that had a stifling effect on any and all "counterculture" usage of Libraries. I stopped going to mine, completely.

Same goes with bookstores. Most places don't have any independent bookstores. Imagine the outcry if your local bookseller had a stack of Anarchist's Cookbook on the shelf. Of course, ordering that stuff on-line probably get's you flagged, but these days asking for stuff like that at the bookshop might get you "see something, say something"-ed, from the proprietor. That's the point, I suppose. Anyone who wants to read that stuff has to be bad, Because information is bad.

Videos. I don't imagine I would have spent any money on questionable quality videos from the back of some magazine, as was done in days of yore, but being able to sample the content, or watch the whole thing outright online, has made access to certain info easier, to say the least. At least it was.

Maybe we already witnessed the Revealing, Maybe we're the only folks who give a damn.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Mar 2 09 1:39 PM

Same goes with bookstores. Most places don't have any independent bookstores. Imagine the outcry if your local bookseller had a stack of Anarchist's Cookbook on the shelf. Of course, ordering that stuff on-line probably get's you flagged, but these days asking for stuff like that at the bookshop might get you "see something, say something"-ed, from the proprietor. That's the point, I suppose. Anyone who wants to read that stuff has to be bad, Because information is bad.

-powerdown

Heck, if that's the kind of thing you're after, just PM me... 

Quote    Reply   

concernedmomma

Silver Monarch

#16 [url]

Mar 2 09 1:57 PM

Maybe we already witnessed the Revealing, Maybe we're the only folks who give a damn.

Well shite, that was anti-climatic.

I was watching 'The Day The Earth Stood Still" the other day on TeeVee and there was a line that hit a point for me.

The alien was saying ' We can't let one species destroy countless other species" Talking about how humans are destroying earth.

I am saddened to even think that the 'Great Revealing" was just the internet, tho I do get your point/thought about it.

Well aren't you just a fun little lollipop triple dipped in psycho......

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Mar 2 09 3:46 PM

Same goes with bookstores. Most places don't have any independent bookstores. Imagine the outcry if your local bookseller had a stack of Anarchist's Cookbook on the shelf. Of course, ordering that stuff on-line probably get's you flagged, but these days asking for stuff like that at the bookshop might get you "see something, say something"-ed, from the proprietor.

Not from my independent book sellers!  Matter-of-fact, if you got to know them well, they probably keep a stack in their back room for good customers.  ;)

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Mar 2 09 3:51 PM

I honestly think the revealing doesn't have a  lot to do with us.  I think it's beyond the control of everyone on this planet, for the most part.

Yes, people can spread the word, and have; and the parasites that be are doing their damndest to thwart it, or twist it to their own liking.

But I don't think there's anything that can be done to stop it.  Humans have been in control for so long they honestly think it's just going to continue on like this forever.  It's not.

Be patient grasshopper, the revealing has just begun.  ;)

But, again, I don't think it's going to be the happy times we all think.  I think it might be horrific, and saddening, and embarassing, and terrible.  Might be.  I don't know. 

The Book of Revelations talks about weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth.  So maybe that means the exact opposite is going to happen. After all, that little treatise is a blueprint for somebody, not a prophecy.

It's confusing and depressing, and at the same time, hopeful and anticipatory.  All we can do is sit back and wait.

Quote    Reply   

periol

Silver Monarch

#19 [url]

Mar 2 09 6:44 PM

who said anything about happy times?  

i know part of my discomfort is the discomfort of living a lie, leading a double life, whatever you want to call it.  what's coming might not bring happiness, but we'll be able to stop pretending as a culture about the way things are.  even if the circumstances are more difficult, the freedom of that seems like it would be refreshing on a day-to-day basis.  maybe it's just me.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Mar 2 09 7:10 PM

Oh, I didn't mean anyone here.  But I think a lot of new-age types think it's going to be beautiful.  It might be.  It might not be.  I don't know.

I DO know that the average person that has lived on this earth has NOTHING to be ashamed of.  Even, to my mind, the really "horrible" ones.  Yes, what they did was horrific, and as things stand now, they need to be held accountable, but I don't think for a minute that if there wasn't some manipulation from outside sources that we'd have the mess we have now. 

Just as average, normal people don't wake up one morning and say, "I think I'll start a war today," so, too, are average, normal people not born to be murderers, rapists, what-have-you.

There's something in our DNA: that need to have a leader, to follow, to need security over freedom, to go along with whatever hair-brained scheme TParasitesTB come up with.

Maybe the transition will be peaceful simply because there's been more than enough bloodshed and death?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help