http://savinarholistic.com/?p=7577

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

periol

Silver Monarch

#1 [url]

Feb 15 09 1:06 PM

nice apology.  fuck you very much savinar you control freak you.

Those of you not familiar with LATOC may be wondering “Okay, so what happened?” Well after 8 years of near-daily work on the site, I simply couldn’t take it any longer. So I “rage quit” the site, told everybody “to go fuck themselves”, and went off to become a professional astrologer. Granted, it probably wasn’t the most diplomatic way to manage a career transition but check out what the Harveys have to say about the Capricorn Sun, Aries Moon pairing:

You have the energy of a steamroller, the mental astuteness of a criminal lawyer, and enough ambition to run three parallel lives. . . . you frequently bulldoze your way to success and then, desirous of further conquests, start all over again.
Your goals often take on a larger than life importance. With obsessive single-minded enthusiasm, you go for broke . . . Even if you fail, you will have enjoyed your bravura performance, and after singing “I did it my way” will pick yourself up and start all over again

Quote    Reply   

peterbilt

Tin Warrior

#3 [url]

Feb 15 09 2:01 PM

nice apology.  fuck you very much savinar you control freak you.

-periol

all I got to say is this..................

If That  Piece Of SHIT had ever talked like that to me in Person.......... 

He'd have picked his ASS  up off the floor

Fuck You Matt Savinar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote    Reply   

periol

Silver Monarch

#4 [url]

Feb 15 09 2:19 PM

Agree with you 100%, Periol.. notwithstanding which, the article was an interesting read, all the same..  thanks Emmy, for posting it.

-jafo

i agree, i certainly cherry-picked one part of it.  matt's an interesting guy, and he was no stranger to the tinfoil section.  that little section of revisionist history was  too much for me to read while sipping my first coffee of the day though!

Quote    Reply   

tlr1138

Silver Monarch

#5 [url]

Feb 15 09 2:46 PM

What a fantastic amount of nonsense. That self-absorbed, self-promoting drama queen wrecked one of the biggest and best online communities like an angry child breaking a toy. Now he's just another New Age guru trying to make money.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Feb 15 09 7:06 PM

LATOC was awesome resource while it lasted. However, I did develop a monomaniacal obsession with peak oil while posting there and since then I have been able to diversify my foci which has been helpful. It's demise helped me to get off my mental sofa and become more politically active in the meat-space.

One thing is sure, Savinar's self-obsession is quite the thing to behold. Narcissism parading as postmodern holistic concern. I mean, really, comparing LATOC's demise to the storming of the Bastille? More like Saturn devouring his children...

It reminds me of something that was written in Adbusters a few months ago. Something akin to: 'The Narcissist today gazes adoringly at his/ her Facebook page.' The main difference is that Savinar's pool (or FB page) is a star chart.

Our progeny outgrow and outlive us - hopefully. He should have let LATOC go, to develop and grow. But it was taking on a life of its own, developing an animus distinct from his own will - and he was not emotionally or psychologically mature enough to allow that to continue. Instead, he did what all narcissists do to all things that outgrow (betray) them.

He threw it to the ground and smashed it into a thousand shards - a thousand mini-reflections of his ego to enthrall him now - or so it seems.

Ultimately, I have no ill feelings towards the man, however.  Indeed, I am grateful to him for helping me on my path of realization.

And priests in black gowns were walking their rounds, And binding with briars my joys and desires. - William Blake

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Feb 15 09 7:49 PM

trying to think of posters not on hubberts or here  , that i ever gave a flaming frac about ?  Rest assured I would need  but one hand to count them .

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Feb 16 09 4:48 AM

Likewise, Ches...

One thing is sure, Savinar's self-obsession is quite the thing to behold. Narcissism parading as postmodern holistic concern. I mean, really, comparing LATOC's demise to the storming of the Bastille? More like Saturn devouring his children...
It reminds me of something that was written in Adbusters a few months ago. Something akin to: 'The Narcissist today gazes adoringly at his/ her Facebook page.' The main difference is that Savinar's pool (or FB page) is a star chart.
Our progeny outgrow and outlive us - hopefully. He should have let LATOC go, to develop and grow. But it was taking on a life of its own, developing an animus distinct from his own will - and he was not emotionally or psychologically mature enough to allow that to continue. Instead, he did what all narcissists do to all things that outgrow (betray) them.
He threw it to the ground and smashed it into a thousand shards - a thousand mini-reflections of his ego to enthrall him now - or so it seems.
Ultimately, I have no ill feelings towards the man, however.  Indeed, I am grateful to him for helping me on my path of realization.

-limeywestlake

@ limeywestlake, very nicely put..  you should post it as a comment under his screed..

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#10 [url]

Feb 16 09 10:32 AM

I still can't get over the immature way he handled it.  IF he was sick of the site, there's more than one choice between "grudgingly keep it going" and "throw all my toys out of the cot right this minute and stomp all over it" although we repeatedly saw that he did indeed have that kind of temperament in other incidents on the board when his ego flared.

In so many ways he is such an intelligent, talented and astute guy - it's a shame he can be such a hot head, but then I' ve been known to be guilty of that too, which is why I carry a fire extinguisher with me at all times.  My mother always said it was the red hair.....

Smile, breathe and go slowly.’ ~Thich Nhat Hanh

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

enigma

Foil Jester

#13 [url]

Feb 16 09 5:08 PM

He'll just delete it.  Remember at the end when he was censoring anything he didn't like.  That being said, I do think it would be a good thing for him to read (even though he probably won't think so), so go for it!

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Feb 16 09 5:09 PM

The timing of his "meltdown" is suspect, to say the least.

Remember his push for "donations" a few weeks previously to it? I never got my generous donation returned, and can only assume others did not as well. The IT stuff was handled, free of charge by a few previous members, IIRC.

Maybe it all went to fund his then newly-started wellness center in Baliposto (sp)?

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Feb 16 09 6:36 PM

I'd say this right here is all we need to know, and answers every question I had about Matt.  I've just started reading.  I'll be back when I've read Matt's piece and everyone's comments.

LATOC, despite its impetuous editor-entrepreneur and radical content, had a number of very prominent, very conservative, and very wealthy backers. Two notable examples were 82-year old Republican Congressman Roscoe Bartlett and 59-year old Texas billionaire Richard Rainwater. Bartlett, a former physicist who was rewarded the patent for the air filter used on-board the Apollo space missions, read large excerpts of LATOC into the Congressional record during a series of speeches he gave in 2005. (Source) Rainwater, meanwhile, became nearly obsessed with the site, telling Fortune magazine that it was at the top of his daily reading list. (Source)

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Feb 16 09 6:44 PM

I agree with jafo, limey.  That was brilliant, just brilliant.

This probably answers the question of why he would post such a narcissistic (softened down) screed.  His new profession must not be giving him enough strokes....er, hits.....during the day.

Yeah, either that - or he was paid off

-highlander

Or, there is this.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Feb 16 09 7:50 PM

Or his ass tro ology isn't as lucrative as he thought it would be so he is ramping out another sequel to LATOC and reeling in a new crowd of sycophantic suckers to pay up and top us his sekret bunker stash or creditors or legal help for frawd .   If there is one wealthy sucker out there , there are more where they came from.  Maybe that dial 1 900 PEAK OIL thingy did not work out on a P/L basis .  

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help