Remove this ad

concernedmomma

Silver Monarch

#61 [url]

Mar 31 09 5:02 AM

Okay this kinda fits .. because it is just tooo frackin crazy!

Police officer shoots 54 year old teacher to death in VA in a catholic school parking lot ffs!

The story goes the officer told her to roll her car window down and she did. but then something happened to freak her out and so she started rolling it back up (to which the officer says his arm was in the window) and then she starts to drive forward ever so slowly.

He shoots her SIX times ..dead.

I mean ..come on ..a retired school teacher ..grandma, woman, in a church school parking lot and it requires you to KILL her?
That is just beyond bonkers.

There's a witness that says the cop is not telling the story truthfully.

Well aren't you just a fun little lollipop triple dipped in psycho......

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

concernedmomma

Silver Monarch

#62 [url]

Mar 31 09 7:28 PM

Did you all see the SNOW in JAPAN?

They have WALLS of snow ..WALLS  :::
In Sukayu, in northern Aomori prefecture, where the temperature went down as low as minus 9.2 degrees Celsius (15 degrees Fahrenheit) on Thursday, 4.29 metres of snow is on the ground.

http://news.malaysia.msn.com/regional/article.aspx?cp-documentid=5835180

Then the artice ice is making strange barking noises. Barring sea? (my mom said she saw it on yaho msn but I cant find the link) heheh

Then there was on the morning news this woman trapped by a tree falling on her house which split her house in two and trapped her pinned under it all on her bed!!

BUT HERE's the kicker ..I go to find the link for that ..and HOLY smokes ..Go google woman trapped by tree ..in the last 2 days theres like 10!!

Oh my.

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#63 [url]

Apr 5 09 9:30 AM

Okay, little bit of weirdness here in the comments. 
Pregnant Jessica Simpson shows off her VERY large bump in another clingy dress as she shops at upscale baby boutique

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2103254/Jessica-Simpson-shows-VERY-large-bump-clingy-dress-shops-upscale-baby-boutique.html#ixzz1monvDAho

BELOW ARE THE TOP RATED COMMENTS

think she looks healthy and adorable, but Lordy, she has been pregnant forever!

Click to rate     Rating   341

Wow....how long has she been pregnant now??! She looks beautiful all the same!

Click to rate     Rating   270

Wow!! She's been pregnant forever!!!!

Click to rate     Rating   27

I was wondering that myself, she has been pregnant forever, it seems. 9 months on this one seems like 9 years.

Click to rate     Rating   15

Those shoes don't seem very practica - ha! Guess the baby is waiting until the very last minute.. it does feel like she has been pregnant for years.

Click to rate     Rating   10

ok....seriously....she's been pregnant for about a year!!!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2103254/Jessica-Simpson-shows-VERY-large-bump-clingy-dress-shops-upscale-baby-boutique.html#ixzz1moo7D9CN

Smile, breathe and go slowly.’ ~Thich Nhat Hanh

Quote    Reply   

snowflower

Tin Warrior

#64 [url]

Apr 5 09 3:42 PM

Geez. I am not exactly sure just who Jessica Simpson is and did not know that she was pregnant.

Em, I missed your question about lighting, so this is a bit delayed. For those many years before we had electricity up here, we used flashlights for portable lighting and either coleman lanterns or propane on the wall lights in the cabins. We also had a bunch of kerosene lanterns around. Candles weren't common, but we did use them occasionally. With the invention of solar powered battery chargers, I've switched to lights that are run by batteries and charged with the sun. I'm very much aware that eventually our community will not have those fancy solutions and will have to figure out night lighting in some other way. Yes, I agree, that not having strong lighting during the night hours bothers me.

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#65 [url]

Apr 5 09 8:27 PM

Ah cool, thanks Lua.

Jessica Simpson is some kind of actress/singer.  I'm actually not too savvy when it comes to celebrities like that because for one I hardly watch any television.

I just happened to be scrolling the site and noticed those comments and thought hmmm, how interesting that so many people think she's been pregnant "too long".

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#66 [url]

May 14 09 9:38 PM

I had this really weird afternoon yesterday.   I won't bore you with all the silly details except for this incident.

I had to take my father to the hospital for heart tests.  He's been having a few chest pains, nothing really major but enough that they want to check it out.  The traffic and parking around the hospital is a nightmare, made even worst by the earthquakes damaging a lot of roads, closing off big sections of the city etc. 

With the main outpatients clinic at the hospital here you can drop people off pretty much  literally right outside the front door.    There is one lane "parking for 5 minutes" and another "clear lane" but in the "clear lane" people still stop and quickly drop others off, have people assist others to go into the hospital and that kind of thing - in other words people still stop their cars in it and disembark for 2 or 3 minutes and then the driver drives on.   Usually everything is fine and everyone's helpful to each other and perfectly patient and polite.

So yesterday afternoon we're in this "drive through" lane outside the main doors and my father is getting about ready to get out and walk into the clinic, then I'm going to go and try and find parking somewhere.  Ahead of me there are others disembarking and we're sitting patiently waiting for them to move off. 

Ahead of us there are 3 cars, 2  with elderly people in them with others assisting them to get out wheelchairs and head into the hospital and there was a young mother with 4 little kids, including a baby, and her and what I assume was a friend were trying to get them all wrapped up, organized and into the hospital.

No problem.  We can sit there patiently and wait. I don't care if they need 5 minutes.

Then however this car came in behind all of our cars and immediately they began blasting their horn continously.  I am going, huh???    Remember this isn't an emergency entrance.  They kept on sounding their horn and I can see the old people and the mother and the kids are getting flustered and upset because this person behind us all is sitting on the horn and also now yelling at everyone to get out of the effing way.

After about 30 more seconds of this I thought, right, that's it!

I got out of the car and went back to that car, jerked open his door and asked him (fairly angrily), "Why don't you get some fucking manners?"

That's when I had a brief "oh my god" moment myself because when I looked in the car I realised the occupants of the car were 4 GANG MEMBERS.  It was only a split-second moment of fear though as I realised these 4 guys could probably kill me. grin

I thought, nah, fuck it, let them bring it.  My mother always said it was my red hair.

The driver began yelling and swearing at me but I was kind of distracted from him because the other 3 were getting out of the car and I was wondering what they were going to do, if they would even attack me, so I was eyeballing them.    Here's the funny thing - they wouldn't make eye contact with me.  In fact they all looked ashamed and embarrassed, kept their heads down and scurried away into the hospital like rats deserting a sinking ship. 

That just left me and the driver and he started backing off and mumbling, "My mate's got a sick baby in the hospital and we need to get through".

I said to him,  "Well you and your mates could have got out and fucking WALKED into the hospital.  Instead of that you're upsetting old people, people in wheelchairs and mothers with babies by acting like a complete ASS.   You should be ashamed of yourself".

By that time a gap had opened up and he was still mumbling but he drove off and I could tell he couldn't WAIT to get away from me.  He was running scared.

4 big burly gang members and I had them all running scared.  ROFL.

My father said all the other people who were in the vicinity were grinning.  He said he thought at any moment I was going to get a round of applause.

On the way home he said to me, "Boy, did THEY get more than they bargained for.  I was so proud of you".

And the moral of the story is, sometimes you gotta fight when you're.....having a "crazy red-head" moment. monkey

Quote    Reply   

concernedmomma

Silver Monarch

#69 [url]

May 14 09 10:26 PM

Nice one Em, glad you didn't get hurt tho heart

Okay so, as an off (feel weird posting this)

The last few days the moon has been a sliver. Every night befor bed I go out on the porch and have a good look at it.

For the last 4-5 or so days it is always a 'double' moon. No matter how I try to adjust my vision I absolutely cannot see a single moon. It is always like a round darkened moon with the sliver lit up on the bottom and another sliver just under that.

Last night I went out and it was oddly foggy/smokie so I look at the moon and actually sighed with relief because for once it was not a double moon to me.

My vision is fine for looking at every thing else in my life. Reading, crafting, make up, what ever ..no vision troubles.

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#71 [url]

May 14 09 10:55 PM

Thanks CM. heart

Oh isn't it strange how so MANY people are talking about weird moons, weird light,  weird sunsets, weird noises, weird weather etc?

ALL of these people CANNOT be imagining all this.  In fact we KNOW that a lot of these changes are very real.

I think I caught a story in passing recently that 80% of the STARLINGS in the UK have gone.  The starlings!!!  aka in some places as the "sky rats".   That is freaky.

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#72 [url]

May 14 09 11:00 PM

Starlings vanish from our gardens as numbers fall by 80% in 25 years

With a glossy green-purple plume and a noisy song, the starling is a familiar visitor to our gardens.

But figures show a dramatic decline in their numbers of almost 80 per cent over the past 25 years.

The RSPB has now launched a study into the decline, believing a possible cause to be changes in soil affecting the insects they feed on.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2121936/Starlings-vanish-gardens-numbers-fall-80-25-years.html#ixzz1qY8MDq97

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#73 [url]

May 14 09 11:01 PM

Where I am the bird and insect numbers have definitely declined.   In the last 20 - 30 years there are nowhere near as many birds and insects as there used to be.

And I'm in what could be fairly called "lush country", perfect countryside for birds and insects.

Where have they all gone?

Quote    Reply   

#74 [url]

May 15 09 2:41 AM

the moon is a creepy thing,
I don't trust it at all
[url]

-spacecase0

You can say that again!  Look at this picture.   That thing has had so many projectiles fired at it, it's almost unbelievable.  And, yet, it still is there.  I don't even look at it much anymore.

Quote    Reply   

#75 [url]

May 15 09 2:43 AM

Here's something I thought about the moon the other day:

They say the moon's pull on the earth causes the tides, and I'm assuming the huge bulge in the oceans that keep the water there.

If the moon goes away, does the earth have a big flood?  Hmmm........

Quote    Reply   

periol

Silver Monarch

#76 [url]

May 15 09 3:42 AM

four months ago this happened locally...[url]it was a huge tree.  it just fell on a woman in a car.  she was waiting for a red light.  she ended up dying.they since removed all the trees on that stretch of road.

-periol

happened again last week.  a 40yo eucalyptus just around the corner from the last one dropped on a parked car - thankfully unoccupied.  as a result they took out all the eucalyptus trees in the neighborhood.

can't find the article, but this is local, so not surprised.

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#77 [url]

May 16 09 8:51 AM

I don't know if anyone will remember but about a year ago (maybe a little more) I posted about this day when all the birds here were acting very oddly, flocking, looking disorientated, flying in one direction, then another etc.

High weirdness - today they did the exact same thing, also on a Saturday and at around about the same time.   We're not far from the ocean - about 3 miles as the crow flies - and we went to the next town over and on the way back I noticed something odd - it looked like a sparrow gliding for a very long time.  It just flew in front of me and sparrows usually go dart, dart, dart but I noticed this one kept gliding across the field for ages, the whole time I was watching it.   I sort of scratched my head and thought, hmmm, how weird, I didn't know sparrows could glide like that, especially as it was low flying and there wasn't much wind.     I never thought too much of it though.

A couple of miles down the road I looked ahead and saw all these sea birds massing in the air over some farmland.   It was like a mile of them forming this funny kind of "strip" all flying in and out of the strip and circling away and coming back and leaving the line and flying in one direction and then turning around and flying in another direction.    It was weird - they looked disorientated just like they'd looked a year or so ago.

I said to my Dad, "those birds are acting very oddly" and he said, "yeah, what on earth are they doing?"

I decided to stop the car and it just happened to be by this hedge along a field full of cows.  The hedge was maybe 6 feet high, 30 feet long.   The raucous coming from this hedge was unbelievable.   It sounded like there were THOUSANDS of birds in this hedge, presumably sparrows, blackbirds, thrushes, waxeyes etc (smaller birds) and were they kicking up a racket.   The noise was actually quite deafening.  It was like every small bird had taken shelter in the hedge and was upset about something.   It was so LOUD I actually drove off. 

I drove around some more where the bigger birds, especially the sea birds were circling, to see if I could spot anything which would be making them mass like this and act crazy but I couldn't see anything.  Nothing seemed to be around.  No farmers were ploughing, nothing like that to attract all the birds.

So SOMETHING upset all the birds today.   It seemed to make all the smaller birds take shelter in the same hedge while the larger birds flocked in the air in groups and just circled madly in and out.

I have no idea what would make them do that.

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#78 [url]

May 17 09 9:17 AM

Yesterday I said the birds were acting weirdly.  Today I really thought the sky around here was ODD.   It started off as a beautiful clear morning.  In the ahem "old days" (pre the murkiness) that meant we would get a beautiful clear blue sky all day long....but yep, next thing you know, here comes the murkiness again.

Suddenly we get the big "white out" over most of the sky.

Maybe I'm imagining the weirdness.  I look and look and look at it trying to convince myself it's natural but I just know that it isn't........  I just cannot convince myself that the kind of sky we had today is natural.

Either I am paranoid or mistaken or the sky really ISN'T natural.   I don't think I'm paranoid but I keep asking myself that over and over.   Maybe I'm mistaken (although others seem to be noticing the same weirdness).  Here are some photos I got today, mostly over or near our place.  Sorry about the photo quality.  Actually most of them didn't even come out - the majority of the  photos came out all hazy and fuzzy and I even wonder why THAT was! 

Am I crazy or are these skies weird? monkey

Quote    Reply   

snowflower

Tin Warrior

#79 [url]

May 17 09 2:24 PM

Em, it looks to me like chemtrails that must have had something in them to really make them spread out and form very wide, long columns. No, it doesn't look natural to me.

Congrats on holding your own with scary looking people. My sister and I together did that once - it never even occurred to us during the incident that we could have been in danger. There was a commotion on our front yard and we opened the front door to find a gang of people beating up on one guy. When we opened the door, the guy charged into our house and left us to confront the gang. We started yelling at them (about a dozen people, both male and female) about beating up on one guy, and they reacted as if they were being scolded by their mothers. The guy took off out of our back door. We never knew what it was all about, but the dozen people walked away thoroughly cowed. Only afterwards did we realize how much danger we could have been in.

About your bird story. Can I share it with the webbot forum?

What we have is - no birds. We usually have blue jays around all winter. This year there haven't been any. The only birds we have right now are a very few ravens. As warm as it's been for the past month, I would have expected more to be back by now but so far - nothing.

Quote    Reply   

#80 [url]

May 17 09 3:25 PM

Em, great stories! I don't know where to start -- but huge hurrahs surprisesurpriseheartdevilfor your confrontation with four gangster types!! In defense of humane behavior, and red-heads with good sense..

If women like you could run the world militaries, we'd have PEACE!! Let the men just stay home!

Yes, the birds in my area just don't sing so loudly in the morning, as they used to. Scarcer. However, a beautiful hoot owl has taken up residence in a huge tree close to my kitchen window, and that sound is absolutely a comforting reminder that at least some of Mother Nature is still surviving.  The emerging green leaves on trees outside the window do help, right now. [Reminds me, of the Dolphins' message through Douglas Adams, "So long, and thanks for all the fish!"]

DOUBLE MOON image:  SpaceCase, I'm with you.
Last month, at a new, sliver of a moon, I was out driving around and looked up. There was another sphere surrounding, and just above that little sliver. The "sliver" was peeking out below it.  I was dumbstruck. I pulled the car over to the side of the road and just stared. I thought my vision was going!  I stayed until a cloud covered it, and headed home. I reported it to friends, and I think there are reasons which will eventually become apparent.

Stories about the moon: That old Moon is a lot of bad news, and if we didn't have that moon, we would be a lot healthier and happier, according to some reports. David Icke wrote a book about it. But Intel through an experiment at CERN also confirmed that. [Long story there.]

We live in changing times, and nothing much would surprise me anymore!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help