Remove this ad

ericreinhardt2003

Silver Monarch

#21 [url]

Jan 13 09 8:35 PM

As  per the young looking older celebrities, one can't rule out all the spa/beauty/botox treatments. In addition, clones can't be ruled out either. They don't use the term Hollyweird for no good reason. ; )

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Jan 14 09 2:36 AM

The clone thing is a very good point.  Remember that film a few years back?  Terrible!  'The Island' it was called.

My son-in-law and I sat through the entire thing doing a 'Mystery Science Theatre 3000' voiceover.  It was that bad.  Galt almost got up and left, we got so obnoxious about it.  grin

But an interesting premise. 

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Jan 14 09 2:43 AM

Em, thank you for that.  My son is going through some hard times, and he's wondering about this "happiness" thing that everyone talks about, and if he'll ever find his way back to there.

I said I felt that "happiness" might be the wrong word; that perhaps "contentment" would be a better term.

But that nonetheless, a great sage once said, "The secret to happiness is to be happy."  Very simple, very profound, as most simple things are.

I have printed off your wise words to share with him tomorrow. 

heart

Quote    Reply   

concernedmomma

Silver Monarch

#24 [url]

Jan 14 09 2:57 AM

In reguards to casting off old stuff I recently saw a video, think you posted it Em of that nice juggler guy and his basic idea was very spiritual to me.
Basically he says you can not grasp new ideas or new things if your hands were already full with the old. Try to work on dropping the old so you can let the new in and that is how you become a juggler. but it struck me as that is also how you become free to let yourself explore and experiment and widen your horizon.

Well aren't you just a fun little lollipop triple dipped in psycho......

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Jan 14 09 3:19 AM

Contentment or inner peace is more the thing to strive for, I think, than happiness.  Happiness depends on outward circumstances--you get a raise, you're happy.  You get a new house or car, you're happy.  For the moment.  But to be content or to have inner peace in whatever circumstance you find yourself, well, that's a whole 'nother thing.  Haven't quite got there yet (in 55 years) but am working towards it.

Quote    Reply   

madison

Aluminati

#27 [url]

Jan 16 09 7:00 PM

Hey "The Island" had Ewan McGreggor - what else was in the movie???  I can't remember :)

Also, mtlouie, I highly recommend the Dalai Lama's book "The Art of Happiness". 

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Feb 4 09 7:25 AM

Dec 20 1996
Carl Sagan, the effervescently lugubrious astronomer, dead of bone marrow disease at age 62.

Hmm I was sure he died of ass cancer ,sure enough to think it was a very well deserved for the science ambush he arranged for velikovsky

Quote    Reply   

ericreinhardt2003

Silver Monarch

#30 [url]

Feb 4 09 11:19 PM

Sagan was one of the inner sanctum  who worked actively to suppress public knowledge with respect to the UFO issue.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

emeline

Silver Monarch

#31 [url]

Feb 17 09 8:29 PM

This kind of ties in with the "death" thread as well but I'll put it here.

Lately I've been spending some time in our local cemetery, laying flowers on relative's graves etc but I often wander around the graves.  I always have, even when I was a kid.  I always found it fascinating.  

But anyway, now that I am 52, I personally knew a lot of the people now buried in the more recent part of the cemetery (it dates back to about 1850).  Three houses along the road from us we used to have a lovely neighbour and she died of cancer.   I could have SWORN it was ten or eleven years ago, but this time when I walked over to her headstone it said she died in 2007.  I am whooaaaaaaa,  no way.    No way was it only 2007.    Then I visited the grave of another elderly neighbour and it said he died in 2007 too.  I had the same feeling, ergo, I am SURE he died before 2007. I am sure it was seven or eight years ago.  Neither of these people were casual acquaintances.  I grew up helping the woman with her small cow herd and the gentleman with his harness ponies and farm.  I knew these people my entire life. I am sure they died more years ago than their headstones say.    Damn, it's weird.

Smile, breathe and go slowly.’ ~Thich Nhat Hanh

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#32 [url]

Feb 17 09 8:43 PM

Something else which is strange.....over Christmas I met up with some old work colleagues I hadn't seen for over 20 years because they came back to NZ to visit (they moved overseas years ago).    Some others I worked with 20 years ago and hadn't seen for years came along as well, sort of mini-reunion thing.  As soon as they saw me they began telling me I didn't look any older than I did when I worked with them 20 years ago.  It wasn't a flattery kind of thing.   I could tell they were quite puzzled.  They were all like, huh?  How did you do that?    I have friends who tell me I don't even look 40 but I've never thought too much about it.

But the spooky thing is - feel free to laugh at and tease me on this one  - sometimes when I look in the mirror lately I think, holy cow, I look like I'm getting younger. I had photos taken over Xmas and in them I look like I'm in my 20's.  

Now suddenly my father has started saying to me every day, "You look like you're getting younger".

This is bizarre.

It's nothing I' ve done.  Is time doing something strange?

I'm so sick of being a weirdo.  

Quote    Reply   

peterbilt

Tin Warrior

#34 [url]

Feb 18 09 1:07 AM

this thread is worthless without pics

-chesire

Where are the Pictures Emmy...............????????????????????

(ya know, you can't believe everything you read...............wink)

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Feb 18 09 10:44 AM

If you think time is getting weird now..  keep watching.. major high-weirdness is coming.. lots of people are gonna start wondering if they're going insane..

Quote    Reply   

eggplant

Tinsel Tiller

#37 [url]

Feb 18 09 7:25 PM

I don't believe the shifting timeline in terms of someone dying except for the guy that thought he died in a motorcycle accident and then there he was alive remembering the accident.  I think the ETs can shift time but only quicktime like 5 minutes earlier to the past after an accident to prevent it.  I read this thread on gpl.  I have heard of slipping on the timeline which means (to me) that the bulk of your energy has moved into a past experience and you are not present.  One symptom of a timeline slip is fatigue.  

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#39 [url]

Mar 15 09 10:42 PM

The last few months I have noticed down here in NZ there seems to be a plague of "accidents" including some which would normally be considered "freakish" but are now happening with what seems to be a greater regularity.   I mean things like:

Drownings
Electrocutions
Vehicle accidents
Trees falling on people
People falling into drains
The tragic hot-air balloon accidents
Dog attacks
Falling off ladders.etc

These are all the kinds of things you expect to happen sometimes, but there just seems to be a PLAGUE of them and a lot of the time the circumstances seem quite odd.

I just think it's quite extraordinary (not to mention sad).

Has anyone else noticed the same thing in their location?

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#40 [url]

Mar 16 09 1:12 AM

One of our members who read this sent me this below and has said I can repost it here but they don't wish to have their name attached.  Thanks. heart

What you're seeing is the result of Uranus squaring Pluto.  Put those two planets together with a challenging (bad) aspect like that and you get sudden, unexpected accidents of all sorts.  This aspect is the big one for world changes in the next few years (it won't clear until about 2015).  It's definitely hitting on a global level, but, if its touching specific points in someone's chart, will affect them on a personal level.  That's why not all of us are having non-stop accidents.  

Uranus = sudden, the lightening bolt from the blue, absolutely unpredictable, all you can say is expect the unexpected.  Sometimes the effect is good, sometimes it's bad.  That square is the MOST challenging aspect, so I'm not expecting a lot of good.

Pluto = catastrophic change.  On a personal level, if someone has been resisting a necessary change, things can literally blow up in their face.  Change will be forced upon them like it or not.  On a global level Pluto is definitely associated with catastrophes such as earthquakes and volcanos - God of the Underworld, after all.
Astrologers have been discussing this present time for years.  Saw it coming a long time ago, so not surprised.  Just know it's going to be a hell of a ride.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help