Remove this ad

tlr1138

Silver Monarch

#41 [url]

Oct 28 09 11:48 PM

You're right, jiveass. Even as I type this, my friends in Homeland Security are on their way to arrest you.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

periol

Silver Monarch

#42 [url]

Oct 29 09 3:14 AM

This topic almost reads more like a "How To" on corporate control, spying, violation of civil liberties pamphlet... 

-djivass

Good.  The funny thing about the "How To" is that the people who are doing it to us ALREADY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING.  It's just people like most of us on this forum who need to know the how and why and whatfor of the creeping creepy onset of the totalitarian police state.  

Only a disinfo agent would not want the widespread dissemination of information about government and corporate spying.  The .govs and .coms WANT everyone to be quiet sheeple who don't even know to worry about their complete and total lack of privacy.  

Knowledge is power.  Just like in prohibition days.  

And you better believe "1984" and "Brave New World" are exactly what you said - handbooks the elite have used to help shape this mess we're in.  

Quote    Reply   

djivass

Tinsel Tiller

#43 [url]

Oct 29 09 6:49 AM

Only a disinfo agent would not want the widespread dissemination of information about government and corporate spying.  

-periol

(includes only partial quote)

Not really.  Secretly they would. They just wouldn't want to openly admit that much spying is really going on. One of the purposes of counter-intel is to get the people worrying that their own actions are closely monitored.

William O'Neal, chief of security for the Chicago Black panthers? Was an FBI agent. Fool committed suicide in the 1980's. Dumb M/F. Should just have copped a plea on the car theft charges and taken probation. Instead he joined up w/Panthers and ratted out the whole Chicago gang. Unable to live with his dumb ass he killed himself.

Gloria Steinem is an agent of CIA

Ditto Noam Chomsky. Yep THAT Noam Chomsky!

Jesse Jackson is under suspicion. It was he that called out MLK jr onto the motel mezzanine so that the hunter could have a better shot at him.

Each one of the three above are MADE celebrities. People whose careers really weren't all that outstanding but kept afloat by sources unknown. I believe that Steinem herself has even admitted taking CIA money to keep her "Ms. Magazine" out of bankruptcy.

Once CIA? Always CIA. This isn't a civil service job. They own a mutha fuckah...

Quote    Reply   

periol

Silver Monarch

#44 [url]

Oct 29 09 9:36 AM

I.  

This topic almost reads more like a "How To" on corporate control, spying, violation of civil liberties pamphlet... 
-djivass

II.

Only a disinfo agent would not want the widespread dissemination of information about government and corporate spying. 
-periol

III.

Not really.  Secretly they would. They just wouldn't want to openly admit that much spying is really going on. 
-djivass

i see what you did there

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#45 [url]

Oct 29 09 9:58 AM

Well of course Big Brother wants us to know that he's watching us.

Big Brother should know that we're watching him too.

The hunter might set a net...but if the prey knows where the net is.....

Smile, breathe and go slowly.’ ~Thich Nhat Hanh

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#46 [url]

Oct 29 09 11:06 AM

In another shocking example of how the federal government is repositioning itself as a secret police force to target political dissidents, a 16-year-old boy was questioned by FBI agents over a You Tube video he created for a school project which highlighted how America was slipping into a police state.

http://www.infowars.com/16-year-old-questioned-by-fbi-over-you-tube-video/

The two FBI agents returned to the house and began to talk to Hallman about his interests and hobbies, a tactic Hallman saw as the FBI agents attempting to gain his trust.

The FBI agents then attempted to recruit Hallman to spy on Anonymous. “They wanted me to be an informant, to possibly put my life in danger, to help them arrest and gain intel on occupy protesters and hackers,” he writes.

The agents then began to question Hallman about his support for Ron Paul’s presidential campaign as well as a conversation he had conducted with his teacher about the Illuminati secret society.

Quote    Reply   

djivass

Tinsel Tiller

#47 [url]

Oct 30 09 7:31 AM

I think the words 

"The fact that the FBI men knew about Hallman’s conversation with his teacher clearly suggests that it was the teacher or another official at the school who reported Hallman to the FBI in the first place."

Indicate that it was some tea party type person who felt threatened by the boy's project and called the FBI. A search of the article and Ron Paul doesn't show where the kid Justin Hallman lives. Because he's a minor no doubt. Probably some redneck state like Mississippi or Kansas.

The FBI is composed largely of slightly more than average intelligence kids with family connections. Too bright? They're not accepted.  Is mostly an old boys club where "go along to get along" rules the day. In addition to setting up people to commit crimes (see footnotes below for BULLSHIT FBI scam info) they are more than willing to SQUEEZE any upstanding American with threats of incarceration for many years just to obtain information on people whom they feel threaten the FBI. My guess is that want any kind of testimony framing others. true, false? Doesn't matter. 

A neighbor I once knew was caught in a very expensive FBI "sting" operation. He made some list on Interpol who wanted to question him on 21 year old felony in Paris, France. Really! 

It must have been a slow week for the FBI so they put together this sting operation. Calling the man's taxi cab service downtown. The feds pretending to be some kind of legitimate business prospect. Must have cost the government tons of  money. Some thirty officers, special agents and ATF scum apprehended him.

Hell all they needed were two or three of their goons to meet him at the local coffee shop any morning. He was just a little fella. So they shipped him back to France where the authorities didn't give a shit and he was back within less than a year. Actually i wish they'd kept him back in France. He really was an asshole. But the point still being valid: Much or most of what FBI does is self serving petty bullshit. before their actual crimes against civil liberties that is. And covering up things like 9/11 and JFK assassination.

In my own case I once held materials and information tremendously embarrassing to federal authorities. It was only my intention to return the articles I found on the street. Not to screw with the feds. The FBI however (I guess because they think like criminals do) must have felt that I did want to f- w/them. So they threatened me with five years imprisonment if I didn't talk and made me a target of a grand jury investigation.

As a result of my just wanting to return these valuable materials to the feds I had to retain an attorney initially at no small cost to myself and then appear before the grand jury. The U.S. Attorney, A Dubya appointee was an ass kissing prick. I enjoyed embarrassing the fool during the questioning. The only part that was fun. Other than all the attention received. I had full immunity thanks to my lawyer who as a gift, me forgave my debt to him. Other than my $300 retainer he didn't charge me anything extra. Thank god.

Most of these so-called "terrorists" the FBI holds aren't guilty of anything more than making inaccurate statements to authorities. Let's say one of them knows a fellow Islamic man who once made a threat that he wants to kill or harm some US leader. A fairly common feeling. The FBI will then go to some totally innocent person who attends the same mosque as this guy and put the squeeze on him. If perhaps the friend being questioned doesn't say 100% truthful statements? He gets threatened with 5 years in prison for lying to a federal agent.

And it is exactly these type of ordinary Americans filling the jails for what the feds call "terrorist charges". Often the person making the threat goes free. 

Below follows two examples of false FBI setup scams. Just the ones I remembered right off the top of my head:

1. "the supposed explosive was a dummy that FBI operatives supplied to him, according to an affidavit in support of a criminal complaint signed Friday night by U.S. Magistrate Judge John V. Acosta. from: http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/11/fbi_thwarts_terrorist_bombing.html

2. Within days of the June 5 arrest of two Lodi, California men supposedly linked to Islamic fundamentalist terrorism, the case has begun to come apart at the seams. Attorneys for the two men, a Pakistani immigrant and his US-born son, announced Thursday that there were significant discrepancies in the affidavits used by the federal Department of Justice to charge their clients.
From: http://www.wsws.org/articles/2005/jun2005/lodi-j11.shtml

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#48 [url]

Oct 30 09 11:18 PM

Online rights groups fear backlash amid video protests

Internet rights champions on Friday were fearful that free speech online may be among the victims of violence spurred by an anti-Islam video posted to YouTube.
A decision by YouTube parent Google to deny access to the video in Libya and Egypt even though the film’s hateful message isn’t aimed at a particular person was seen by some as a compassionate step onto a slippery slope.
“If they do it this once, they are going to do it in other situations,” said Eva Galperin, freedom of expression coordinator at the Electronic Frontier Foundation and non-profit pressure group.
 “There is a good chance you will hear from Google that, just this once, extenuating circumstances made them turn their back on freedom of expression; but that is just the beginning of the slippery slope.”
On Friday, Google added India to the list of countries where YouTube has blocked access to the anti-Islam film, which surfaced in the United States and has since sparked deadly protests in the Muslim world.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/09/14/online-rights-groups-fear-backlash-amid-video-protests/

Quote    Reply   

periol

Silver Monarch

#49 [url]

Nov 12 09 3:40 AM

I'm only posting pieces of this article from the Wall Street Journal.  They have a paywall, so it may not be possible to get the article.  I got the full-text through this link:  http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-09-26/inflation-americans-spend-less-food-movies-pay-soaring-cell-phone-obsession

Cellphones Are Eating the Family Budget

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444083304578018731890309450.html?mod=e2tw

More than half of all U.S. cellphone owners carry a device like the iPhone, a shift that has unsettled household budgets across the country. Government data show people have spent more on phone bills over the past four years, even as they have dialed back on dining out, clothes and entertainment—cutbacks that have been keenly felt in the restaurant, apparel and film industries.

The tug of war is only going to get more intense. Wireless carriers are betting they can pull bills even higher by offering faster speeds on expensive new networks and new usage-based data plans. The effort will test the limits of consumer spending as the draw of new technology competes with cellphone owners' more rudimentary needs and desires.

So far, telecom is winning. Labor Department data released Tuesday show spending on phone services rose more than 4% last year, the fastest rate since 2005. During and after the recession, consumers cut back broadly on their spending.

But as more people paid up for $200 smartphones and bills that run around $100 a month, the average household's annual spending on telephone services rose to $1,226 in 2011 from $1,110 in 2007, when Apple Inc.'s iPhone first appeared.

Families with more than one smartphone are already paying much more than the average—sometimes more than $4,000 a year—easily eclipsing what they pay for cable TV and home Internet.

Carriers fully expect people to use more data and pay more for it. "Speed entices more usage," Verizon Chief Financial Officer Fran Shammo said at an investor conference last week, according to a transcript. "The more data they consume, the more they will have to buy."

But some question where the money for that data will come from. Americans spent $116 more a year on telephone services in 2011 than they did in 2007, according to the Labor Department, even as total household expenditures increased by just $67.

Meanwhile, spending on food away from home fell by $48, apparel spending declined by $141, and entertainment spending dropped by $126. The figures aren't adjusted for inflation.

The increase in telephone-services spending masks an even higher rise in cellphone bills, because people have been paying less for landline service.

Much of the revenue growth that industry executives and investors are hoping for is likely to come from higher-income households that do have the money to spend more on wireless data. But the wireless industry also generates a lot of revenue from lower-income users.

Almost nine in 10 of all U.S. adults have a cellphone, according to a Pew Research Center survey. Middle-income consumers increased their telephone spending in 2011 by $59, almost as much as the $64 in additional telephone spending by the 20% of consumers with the highest incomes, according to the Labor Department data.

As wireless service gets more expensive, the trade-offs become more painful. That could threaten to further crimp consumer spending elsewhere—or slow the upward swing in consumer spending on wireless.

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#50 [url]

Dec 29 09 4:47 AM

Facebook's new couple pages 'cross the line' - users

Facebook's latest move - to create automatic "couples" pages for anyone listed as in a relationship - has crossed the line, users say.
The joint digital profiles, which Facebook has also taken the liberty of creating for friendships, read like a relationship timeline - that you never authorised.
Each page includes a cover photo, joint profile pictures, the relationship status, mutual friends, mutual likes and events the couple has shared.
All you have to do to access your new relationship page is sign in and go to www.facebook.com/us
While pressure has been on the social media giant to keep innovating - especially since the site's stock plummeted after floating - Zuckerberg is "off the mark" with this particular move, says women's editor at The Telegraph, Emma Barnett.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=10847111

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

emeline

Silver Monarch

#51 [url]

Jan 16 10 3:48 AM

Battery children: As parents wrap them in cotton-wool, injuries from tree-climbing plunge but hospital visits from keyboard strain soar

Battery children: As parents wrap them in cotton-wool, injuries from tree-climbing plunge but hospital visits from keyboard strain soar

By Daniel Martin
|
Britain is becoming a nation of ‘battery children’ whose parents are too afraid to let them out of the house, NHS figures reveal.

Statistics on the reasons why children are taken to hospital show that the number injured inside the home has risen over the past decade, while the number injured outside has plunged.

Half as many children are admitted to casualty after falling out of a tree as they were ten years ago and there has been a sharp fall in the number hospitalised after tumbling off a skateboard.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2241303/Battery-children-As-parents-wrap-cotton-wool-injuries-tree-climbing-plunge-hospital-visits-keyboard-strain-soar.html#ixzz2DliPjYSu
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#52 [url]

Jan 16 10 8:13 PM

It’s probably better to talk: How checking our phones 60 times a day is driving away friends

• Mobile phones are eroding our personal relationships, according to a new study
  • Scientists have compared constantly texting and checking phones to addictions like compulsive spending

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2241326/It-s-probably-better-talk-How-checking-phones-60-times-day-driving-away-friends.html#ixzz2DpiMKGNI
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#53 [url]

Jan 18 10 6:00 PM

Even when you gotta go, social media goes too

f you have found yourself using Facebook and Twitter in the bathroom, you are not the only one.
Nearly one-third (32%) of the heaviest adopters of social networks — those ages 18 to 24— connect with sites such as Facebook and Twitter in the bathroom. The new data, from NM Incite, offer a glimpse into the growing devotion that Americans have to social networks.

Time spent on social networks increased 37% over 12 months ago, according to the new report out today.
"Social media is truly everywhere in people's lives," says Deirdre Bannon, vice president of social-media solutions at NM Incite, a joint venture of Nielsen and consulting firm McKinsey & Co. "It is so ingrained and has touched every facet of everything we do all day long. We are literally taking our phones with us to the bathroom and connecting on social media."

Linking up with social networks in the loo transcends ages.
More than one-fourth (28%) of those ages 25-34 are bathroom social networkers, as are 15% of those ages 35-44. Both sexes are equally likely to use social networks in the bathroom, with 14% of them saying they do.
At work, those most likely to use social networks were those ages 25-34, more than half of whom (51%) were connected in the office. "People are connected at work because they are always on," Bannon says. "But part of it is they are tapping into that exponentially broader universe to get information about products, eventsand brands. It has both the social component, as well as the informational aspect."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2012/12/02/social-media-use-rises/1738009/

Quote    Reply   

tlr1138

Silver Monarch

#54 [url]

Jan 21 10 2:47 AM

A few years ago in California we outlawed cell phone use/texting while driving, but a lot of people still do it. They just can't stop. It's truly an addiction.

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#55 [url]

Jan 21 10 7:03 AM

Same thing happened here TLR and like California, it seems to have stopped very few of them doing it.

Even all the schoolkids here now walk around doing nothing but staring at their cell phones, mostly texting.  They don't even look where they're going.  The whole thing just seems so weird to me.

Quote    Reply   

periol

Silver Monarch

#57 [url]

Jan 22 10 3:11 AM

Drones In America? They are Already Here...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-12-06/guest-post-drones-america-they-are-already-here

These records, received as a result of EFF’s Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit against the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), come from state and local law enforcement agencies, universities and—for the first time—three branches of the U.S. military: the Air Force, Marine Corps, and DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency).

The records show that the Air Force has been testing out a bunch of different drone types, from the smaller, hand-launched Raven, Puma and Wasp drones designed by Aerovironment in Southern California, to the much larger Predator and Reaper drones responsible for civilian and foreign military deaths abroad. The Marine Corps is also testing drones, though it chose to redact so much of the text from its records that we still don’t know much about its programs.

Perhaps the scariest is the technology carried by a Reaper drone the Air Force is flying near Lincoln, Nevada and in areas of California and Utah. This drone uses “Gorgon Stare” technology, which Wikipedia defines as “a spherical array of nine cameras attached to an aerial drone . . . capable of capturing motion imagery of an entire city.” This imagery “can then be analyzed by humans or an artificial intelligence, such as the Mind’s Eye project” being developed by DARPA. If true, this technology takes surveillance to a whole new level.

While LIDAR can be used to create high-resolution images of the earth’s surface, it is also used in high tech police speed guns—begging the question of whether drones will soon be used for minor traffic violations.

However, once again, the records do not show that the FAA had any concerns about drone flights’ impact on privacy and civil liberties.This is especially problematic when drone programs like Otter Tail’s appear on first glance to be benign but later turn out to support the same problematic law enforcement uses that EFF has been increasingly concerned about.

It’s been over a year and a half since we first filed our FOIA request with the FAA, and we’re still waiting for more than half of the agency’s drone records. This is unacceptable.

Quote    Reply   

periol

Silver Monarch

#59 [url]

Jan 22 10 9:38 AM

a comment on zerohedge about the drones is pertinent here, i think.

"all of that human effort and ingenuity, all the investment and time spent to create drones to spy on people.  What a complete waste."

it's not just the drones.  this missile?  are you serious?  what a total and complete waste of everything America has become.  what the fuck are we doing?

Quote    Reply   

tlr1138

Silver Monarch

#60 [url]

Feb 1 10 3:54 PM

Massive new surveillance system, similar to TIA. Original story by the Wall St Journal (which is behind a subscription wall):

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2012/12/13/national_counterterrorism_center_s_massive_new_surveillance_program_uncovered.html

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help