Remove this ad

emeline

Silver Monarch

#21 [url]

Feb 23 08 1:58 AM

Mystery of mass animal death epidemic deepens after 8,000 turtle doves fall dead in Italy with strange blue stain on their beaks

• Blue stain believed to be sign of poisoning or hypoxia - lack of oxygen that is precursor to altitude sickness
  • Cold weather and overbreeding blamed for deaths of two 2million fish in Chesapeake Bay
  • Disease behind deaths of 100,000 fish in Arkansas River
  • At least nine incidents of mass animal deaths across the globe
  • Hundreds of confused birds plummeted to their deaths in multiple locations in the U.S.
  • Rapid movement of Magnetic North Pole towards Russia may have caused bird deaths
Thousands of dead turtle doves rained down on roofs and cars in an Italian town in the latest in a growing spate of mass animal deaths across the globe.
Residents in Faenza described the birds falling to the ground like 'little Christmas balls' with strange blue stains on their beaks.
Initial tests on up to 8,000 of the doves indicated that the blue stain could have been caused by poisoning or hypoxia.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1344913/Animal-death-mystery-Two-MILLION-dead-fish-wash-Maryland-bay.html#ixzz1APAEhGwA

Smile, breathe and go slowly.’ ~Thich Nhat Hanh

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

emeline

Silver Monarch

#24 [url]

Feb 23 08 4:00 AM

pam, I'm struck by the symbolism of this.

5000 dead blackbirds on New Year's Eve in the USA
8000 dead turtleneck doves 7 days later in Italy

The turtledove is a "type" of Christ and it makes me think about the Holy Thorn tree which was cut down in England not so long ago, also symbolic of Christ and Christianity.

I found some stuff about black birds here.

RAVENS, CROWS, BLACKBIRDS

crow pic

OMEN OF DEATH & DIVINE PROVIDENCE

http://users.netnitco.net/~legend01/raven.htm

Uncovering the Myths Surrounding Ravens, Blackbirds, and Crows

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/517451/uncovering_the_myths_surrounding_ravens.html?cat=37

Excerpt:

Some cultures, like the Egyptians, Romans, and Arabs, have respected the power of these birds while others have feared them. Some have viewed them as symbols of pure evil while others have merely viewed them as omens or prophets.

The Irish once used these birds for divination because they believed that they possessed second sight. It is said that the British believed that ravens fleeing the Tower of London would be an omen of the upcoming fall of the English monarchy.

Writers have, over the years, written about the raven. Many contended that he is the symbol of death. The bird is even mentioned in the Bible; plucking out the eyes of sinners in Proverbs 30:17 and descending upon the wicked in Isaiah 34:11.

Quote    Reply   

concernedmomma

Silver Monarch

#25 [url]

Feb 23 08 5:45 AM

Residents in Faenza described the birds falling to the ground like 'little Christmas balls' with strange blue stains on their beaks.

Like little Christmas balls? What a very very odd discription for dead birds falling from the sky. It's not presents! Or maybe that too ties in with the symbolism?  Just such an odd discription.

Well aren't you just a fun little lollipop triple dipped in psycho......

Quote    Reply   

jkondown

Tinsel Tiller

#26 [url]

Feb 23 08 11:04 PM

Just looking at these bird and fish deaths in isolation is not going to give us an answer. We need to see what is going on on a broader scale. These deaths also have happened right about the time natural disasters were hitting everywhere on Earth at the same time. It has all got to be tied together. Is something going on with the Sun? or is it something else. 

I believe we may be on the verge of a catastrophic climate tipping point. We have finally pushed Mother Nature too far and we may be about to pay the price. Got your preps ready?

-ab

Interesting thought. Species have disappeared and appeared seemingly sometimes en mass at the beginning and ending of each of the past Ice Ages. These usually last 100,000+ or so years with brief warm periods of 12,000-15,000 years between each one. There has never been a "scientific" explanation as to what causes and ends them- only that they have happened in the past. Are we now on the verge of yet another? I seriously doubt mankind "pushing Mother Nature" has anything to do with it; rather it is part of a natural cycle which all things in the physical/material universe exibit.

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Feb 24 08 5:27 AM

hey, big fish kill off the coast of SC.
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/woalert_read.php?lang=eng&cid=29099&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RsoeEdis-EmergencyAndDisasterInformation+%28RSOE+EDIS+-+Emergency+and+Disaster+Information%29

it says it's from cold weather.
is this like the first winter or something, does this happen every year?

Thousands of dead fish are washing up on Folly Beach Thursday. The Department of Health and Environmental Control says the fish is called menhaden they likely died as a result of the cold water. Biology crews are out on Folly Beach collecting samples. The menhaden are a schooling fish and there does not seem to be any unusual circumstances other than a cold kill, according to DHEC. The large amount of dead fish could be easily seen from the Folly Beach pier, extending great distances in both directions.

doomer breaking news now! endofempirenews.blogspot.com/ my outsider art paturner.blogspot.com/

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#30 [url]

Feb 24 08 7:42 AM

Lou, yeah, it's horrible about the little blue penguins. They are the most gorgeous little creatures who spend most of their day in the ocean feeding so the fact some have been found starving - I mean, wow! surprise  They can't find enough small fish in the ocean. surprise  What the heck does THAT tell you?    This is so dire.

You realise lots of commercial fishing fleets from around the world now go to the Antarctic to fish?   They've so decimated the world's oceans they have to go to the bottom of the planet to look for fish and even there they've so overfished the Antarctic toothfish that it's on the Greenpeace 'red" list. sad

And now birds falling out of the sky en masse  in Taiwan too. Ummm, wow.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

ab

Tin Warrior

#32 [url]

Feb 24 08 8:22 PM

Interesting thought. Species have disappeared and appeared seemingly sometimes en mass at the beginning and ending of each of the past Ice Ages. These usually last 100,000+ or so years with brief warm periods of 12,000-15,000 years between each one. There has never been a "scientific" explanation as to what causes and ends them- only that they have happened in the past. Are we now on the verge of yet another? I seriously doubt mankind "pushing Mother Nature" has anything to do with it; rather it is part of a natural cycle which all things in the physical/material universe exibit.

-jkondown

To be honest, whether or not humans are responsible is probably irrelevant. Something big is happening and its going to affect us one way or another. I posted on SilCo about the probability of world wide food shortages happening in the immediate future. Much of the worlds food supply this year has been destroyed by natural disasters and stockpiles were already at all time lows. All this happening at the same time as all these bird and fish kills, well...get ready for a fast crash...

Power to the Peoples, man

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#33 [url]

Feb 24 08 9:39 PM

I think one thing is fairly certain.  Food prices are going to escalate more and more in the parts of the world where the food isn't in some way subsidized, which would include NZ and I think Australia? the UK?   As I understand it food is quite heavily subsidized in the USA - it certainly SEEMS extraordinarily cheap to me on the face of it, but then how long can America afford to keep on subsidizing it's farmers so much?    I'd guess if you were in America in the future you might be looking at a veritable price EXPLOSION if the hand-outs to the corporate farmers end so the more you can store now really the better.

Even though I come from a country which produces food for 100 million plus people a year and we only have a population of 4 million, for most things we still have to pay the highest GLOBAL price.  This is one of the joys of globalization remember? The "market price" is the GLOBAL price in "free" economies.  In NZ this means, for instance, even though we can barely move for dairy cows, many people can't afford cheese and milk is considered expensive at around $2.00 a litre.  This makes a lot of people very angry, especially since corporate dairy farmers are using so much water and wasting it not to mention causing various kinds of environmental devastation.

It's always the same story.  The "money" wins, the people lose.

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Feb 26 08 3:39 PM

You know what they're going to do?  They're going to stop reporting these in the MSM.  People will just have to find out about them IF they are posted on alternative news sites, etc.

Because in the past few days I've noticed a couple of articles "proving" what caused the birds to fall from the sky.  And it was bullshit, of course.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help