Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 12 08 2:08 AM

Tags : :

The weather/climate around the world is insane.   Who else thinks there might be a lot "they" aren't telling us?

I don't need a scientist or a government agency or the UN or anyone else to tell me what I can observe with my own eyes and tell me what to "believe".   I myself can observe what's happening in my own environment and when other people around the world (farmers and gardeners in particular) tell me they observe the same "extreme weirding" over months and years - something is up.

Last night I actually turned on the television news and saw the reports of the weather all around the globe.  I felt like I was seeing a movie about some global "Weather Armageddon".

Y'all can make your own minds up of course, but I think they're hiding a lot from us or maybe they themselves just don't know.   I certainly think myself it might be a good time to seriously think about battening down the hatches, especially with STORED food.   I think it might be quite a bit more perilous to actually RELY on gardens, crops, livestock, fishing, foraging etc.   These are strange times.

Smile, breathe and go slowly.’ ~Thich Nhat Hanh

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

emeline

Silver Monarch

#1 [url]

Feb 12 08 3:44 AM

Maybe we could record some of the weird weather here?

NSW hit by snow, wind, floods - and locusts, 21 Dec 10

SYDNEY - New South Wales residents must be wondering what they've done to annoy an increasingly erratic Mother Nature.
Parts of the state recorded their coldest December morning in several decades yesterday as summer snow fell in the Snowy Mountains, wild winds rattled the coast, and more than 500 people were still cut off by the worst flooding in years.
The State Emergency Service received 74 calls for help from people in the Illawarra, Sydney and the Blue Mountains as gusts of up to 100 km/h brought tree branches crashing down and damaged roofs.
Temperatures plummeted to 4C at Parkes Airport in central NSW, 10C below average and the coldest December morning in 54 years, the Weather Channel says.
Coonamble in northern NSW recorded 7C - the coldest December morning in 12 years while Trangie, northwest of Dubbo, had 6C - the coldest December morning in 42 years.

Here's Queensland Australia, 28 Dec 2010.
Mass Evacuations as Queenland floods.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/australia/news/article.cfm?l_id=15&objectid=10696854
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10696867
Entire towns have been inundated and more could go under as the deluge that's swamped Queensland makes its way towards the sea.
Some communities have seen their worst flooding in 50 years, sparking mass evacuations and disaster declarations in the inland towns of Theodore, Chinchilla and Dalby.
Almost the entire 300-plus population of Theodore, inland from Bundaberg, is being evacuated by chopper with flood waters from the Dawson River covering most of the town.

New Zealand in Summer 28 Dec 2010.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10696857
Gale-force winds are battering Auckland while storms that have hammered campers in the South Island's Tasman region and lashed Wellington and the Wairarapa recede.
The weather is clearing in the Tasman region but holidaymakers are being warned to stay away from debris-clogged rivers until they run clear.
Weatherwatch.co.nz said winds were strengthening across a number of major North Island centres this afternoon with gusts of 80 to 125kmh in Auckland, 90kmh in Napier and 70kmh in Gisborne.
Police in Wellington said they received a call every two minutes between 7am and midday today from people seeking information as the strong winds caused havoc in the city.

Quote    Reply   

bigfoot

Foil Jester

#3 [url]

Feb 12 08 5:37 AM

The most important things to understand about global warming are:

1) It doesn't necessarily mean it gets warmer during the day. This is a function of solar input. Watch your night-time lows and compare to average. The Greenhouse gasses (Methane, CO2 and Water Vapor primarily) keep the heat in at night like a blanket on your bed.

2) A global warming atmosphere is like a boiling pot on your stove top. A warmer atmosphere has merore energy in it and it convects. Hotter rise and cooler areas fall. Therefore, some locations will have cooler/cold than normal temperatures even though the system as a whole is getting hotter.

and

3) Fresh water from glacial and polar cap melting is much less dense than sea (salt) water and does not fall in the major ocean currents which disrupt those currents which warm continental land masses. Leading to breakouts of cold polar air into typically sub-tropical areas. As a corollary, natural gas and some of the components of the oil and dispersant in the Gulf of Mexico are also much less dense than sea water. This is the mechanism that has damaged the Loop Current in the Gulf and may (we aren't being told) be affecting the Gulf Stream in the Atlantic leading to the snow events in Northern Europe and may be responsible for the weirdness in the weather down Em's way.

Nature bats last - but she's a power hitter!

** Purveyor of the finest Entropy **

Quote    Reply   

ab

Tin Warrior

#4 [url]

Feb 12 08 10:49 AM

Boy Eme, you're telling me!! This is the weirdest shit I've ever seen. Our entire dry season has been more or less continuous rain. now we're getting into the wet season and everything and everyone up the east coast is saturated to the bone. All we need now is a cyclone or two and we're going to find out what a real natural disaster looks like. Everything is sodden and high wind is going to blow everything down. 

But it's not restricted to us. This is a global thing.

Power to the Peoples, man

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#6 [url]

Feb 14 08 1:18 AM

Brace yourselves for a 'mini ice age': This winter set to be coldest in 300 YEARS  (UK)

If you thought last week was cold and chaotic, think again.  This winter could be the harshest in more than 300 years – with the worst yet to come.

Temperatures for December are the coldest on record, with the average reading close to minus 1c – almost six degrees below normal.

And with forecasters warning that this winter’s ‘mini ice age’ could last until mid-March, this winter could be worst since 1683-84 when a frozen River Thames played home to all the fun of a frost fair.
Whiteout: South London was covered by a blanket of snow on December 19 and forecasters are now warning that this winter's 'mini ice age' could last until mid-March

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1342515/UK-snow-big-freeze-weather-means-winter-set-coldest-300-YEARS.html#ixzz19YNjJHLH

Quote    Reply   

ericreinhardt2003

Silver Monarch

#7 [url]

Feb 14 08 1:28 AM

A contact I have in the Netherlands stated recently that winter started very early there and they had a bad one last year. No question about it . . . under the current scenario, we are headed for another ice age.

Quote    Reply   

bigfoot

Foil Jester

#8 [url]

Feb 15 08 7:45 AM

Here's a global satellite survey map of November 2010 temperature variance compared to a long term data base.

It is pretty discriptive. Thanks to pamela and her endofempirenews for the link.

** Purveyor of the finest Entropy **

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Feb 15 08 3:50 PM

i blame it on the space "fluff" 

It is under the greatest adversity that there exists the greatest potential for doing good, both for oneself and others. H.H. The 14th Dalai Lama

Quote    Reply   

concernedmomma

Silver Monarch

#11 [url]

Feb 16 08 5:20 PM

We had a tornado touch down in Missouri yesterday ..killed 3. Just south of where I live and it was a massive area for tornado warnings ...in Dec?? I thought tornados were supposed to be a spring/early fall type thing.

The night this happened my heating was off all night and we woke up to the house being 69 degrees! In the middle of winter I was seriously thinking about turning the AC on. LOL

Well aren't you just a fun little lollipop triple dipped in psycho......

Quote    Reply   

tlr1138

Silver Monarch

#12 [url]

Feb 17 08 9:56 PM

Here in San Diego, we never get rain in October and November (we usually have wildfires), but we had about 5 inches of it this year. Then we had another 10 inches over the last two weeks. Still, nothing compared to what's happening in many other places.

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#13 [url]

Feb 17 08 10:51 PM

It's weird alright. 

Last week we seemed to be having "summer as normal" which was pretty nice.  One day it got to about 34C which is pretty hot for here, not unusual but "hot summer days" mostly hover around 26-30C.    We rarely get into the high 30's and only very occasionally into the 40's (I think our record high is about 41C).

One day last week it was so hot some of my tomato plants died even though I was watering them through the day, but the next morning suddenly we went back to winter and got this torrential downpour of rain.  It was unbelievable how heavy the rain was.  I went outside in it for a very short time to call the dogs back in out of the rain because they had all raced off down the yard somewhere but we all ended up soaked to the skin by the time we got back inside.  The rain just bucketed down in a way I'd never seen it pour before.

Quote    Reply   

donk

Tin Warrior

#14 [url]

Feb 18 08 4:15 PM

Here in my east coast sprawl, we've been getting ridiculous cold--especially the wind, and whenever it is not excruciatingly cold...colder than I seem to remember, at least for the extended periods of time like this winter...it has rained and unsually with lightning, which I don't remember being a regular thing here in the winter. 

Isn't the 5 year time period couple people mentioned close to the "el nino" phenomenon the media liked to talk about--and now the media doesn't seem to pay any attention to the weather anomolies much anymore, it seems like they only focus on disasters, and all of those as if they are "one-offs"...maybe that's just me?

In fact, it seems like the PNW over here for the past year or so, seems like it rains at least once a day (before the winter started about mid-dec)...but the thing that I don't get is that it seems like the weatherman is always right, that with their computers and satellites they seem to be able to predict the weather better, am I alone/wrong in noticing that?  I'm old enouthg to remember when the weatherman was never to be believed, now they cancel school over pending storms before a flake hits the ground...

I am a product, I am a symbol/of endless, hopeless, aimless, fruitless games... ---CRASS

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#15 [url]

Feb 19 08 5:48 AM

It's everywhere. Russia, China, the UK, the USA, Australia...it just goes on.

Even Russia can't deal with the big freeze: Icy weather causes power cuts and travel chaos

Chaos reigned in Russia as the winter weather caused more blackouts in the Moscow region over the New Year.
The capital was badly hit over the weekend by the storms and, after a brief respite, Russia has been plunged into darkness again thanks to the blizzard conditions.

Families have been forced to eat and operate

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1343778/Russia-deal-big-freeze-Icy-weather-causes-power-cuts-travel-chaos.html#ixzz1A2hxmUjC

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Feb 19 08 12:05 PM

What is space fluff?

-ab

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/091223-fluff-solar-system-nasa-voyager.html

"Our solar system is passing through a cloud of interstellar material that shouldn't be there, astronomers say. And now the decades-old Voyager spacecraft have helped solved the mystery.

The cloud is called the "Local Fluff." It's about 30 light-years wide and holds a wispy mix of hydrogen and helium atoms, according to a NASA statement released today. Stars that exploded nearby, about 10 million years ago, should have crushed the Fluff or blown it away.

So what's holding the Fluff in place?"

More at the link above

It is under the greatest adversity that there exists the greatest potential for doing good, both for oneself and others. H.H. The 14th Dalai Lama

Quote    Reply   

prepper

Aluminati

#17 [url]

Feb 23 08 10:08 PM

The snowfall here in Sweden has been really massive. This might not sound weird but Sweden doesn't usually get that much snow. A story in the newspaper told about an icebreaker operating on the lake Vänern that usually only is needed around December 13. This year it was operating since early november.

The explanation that has been given is something called NOA or North Atlantic oscillation. Have a look at wikipedia on the subject. Yesterday when looking out the window i thought that if this is just a regular negative NOA, i don't even want to know what climate change will do to it. And at the moment i don't think climate change is driving this, though it certainly are doing other stuff.

The budget for snow removal is broken all ready, yet the first two months of the year is usually the ones with most snow. This isn't going to be nice. And of course it's nearly impossible to try to imagine snow removal without the input of fossil fuels. You sure wont be powering that with removables anytime soon.

Edit
Oh i forgot that Sweden looks to be heading for the coldest winters in 150 years. And that's just what i have read so far.

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#18 [url]

Feb 28 08 8:42 AM

Blanket of ice: U.S. shivers as 49 of 50 states are hit by snow storms

The U.S. is shivering in the grips of a freezing winter with 49 of its 50 states now having snow on the ground.

Two winter storms have dumped several inches of snow in some states and left flights grounded from Texas to the Carolinas.
The only state to avoid the icy conditions was Florida, but even the Sunshine State suffered flight cancellations due to heavy fog.

Freezing: Only Florida, in the extreme southeast, has so far escaped snow fall as two storms cover virtually the whole of the U.S.

Freezing: Only Florida, in the extreme southeast, has so far escaped snow fall as two storms cover virtually the whole of the U.S.

Big freeze: Ice hangs from railings along Lake Michigan, Chicago, after plummeting temperatures and strong winds covered the shoreline

Big freeze: Ice hangs from railings along Lake Michigan, Chicago, after plummeting temperatures and strong winds covered the shoreline

Storm warning: New York is braced for up to a foot of fresh snowfall just weeks after a blizzard ground the city to a halt and, right, the snow-covered Washington Monument
Storm warning: New York is braced for up to a foot of fresh snowfall just weeks after a blizzard ground the city to a halt and, right, the snow-covered Washington Monument

New York and Boston were braced for more heavy snow today after one storm was forecast to dump up to a foot on the northeast of the U.S.

Southern states also experienced unusual snow fall, with motorists left stuck in Atlanta due to a shortage of clearing equipment.

The storm began in Texas and is heading north east towards New York, which was badly hit by snow just two weeks ago.

So far 11 deaths have been blamed on the weather and schools and other institutions were expected to remain closed today as icy conditions continued.

Even Hawaii has experienced snow fall on the slopes of Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea, which takes place every winter.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1346392/Blanket-ice-U-S-shivers-49-50-states-hit-snow-storms.html#ixzz1Au2RDOTh

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Feb 28 08 1:06 PM

33 degrees F this morning, and colder elsewhere around Florida.  I think this is the third freeze locally this winter.  Definitely rethinking seed hardiness issues!

Chem trails yesterday were incredible all day.  Yes some were jets but some had serious staying power (hours).

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#20 [url]

Feb 28 08 6:55 PM

Thanks for that tarheel. 

Year proves climate skeptics wrong

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10699535

Excerpts:

It is a tie: Last year equalled 2005 as the warmest year on record, United States Government climate experts reported.

The average worldwide temperature was 0.62C above normal last year. That's the same as six years ago, the National Climatic Data Centre said.

Climate experts have become increasingly concerned about rising global temperatures over the past century. Most atmospheric scientists attribute the change to gases released into the air by industrial processes and petrol-burning engines.

In addition, the Global Historical Climatology Network said yesterday that last year was the wettest on record.

Nine of the 10 warmest years on record have occurred since 2000, he noted. The exception was 1998, which is the third warmest year on record going back to 1880.

Other findings included:

* There were seven named storms and three hurricanes in the Pacific, the fewest since the mid-1960s but the Atlantic hurricane season had 19 named storms and 12 hurricanes.

* Arctic sea ice cover was the third smallest since records began in 1979, trailing only 2007 and 2008. The ice cover is considered a marker of climate change as global warming tends to be seen first at the poles.

* 2010 saw record cold and snow in January and February in the Northern Hemisphere.

* From mid-June to mid-August a strong jet stream shifted northward, bringing an unprecedented two-month heatwave to Russia and adding to devastating floods in Pakistan.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help