Remove this ad

emeline

Silver Monarch

#24 [url]

Dec 27 07 3:54 AM

Wow, periol, you are GREAT!   I love your voice and guitar playing. Thanks, excellent. smile

Smile, breathe and go slowly.’ ~Thich Nhat Hanh

Quote    Reply   

periol

Silver Monarch

#26 [url]

Dec 28 07 12:06 AM

Hey you guys, thanks for saying some nice things.  It feels good because I've been chasing this for a while, and y'all know my words but not really much else, so it's great to share.  I'm really glad you guys like it.  I'll keep trying to get better!

Quote    Reply   

tlr1138

Silver Monarch

#31 [url]

Dec 28 07 1:34 AM

I think that's the only Little River Band song I've ever heard. I believe they were from Australia; they don't sound Australian, though.

Another one-hit wonder: Ian Gomm - "Hold On"

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#32 [url]

Dec 28 07 1:45 AM

Oh Little River Band's Cool Change is beautiful.  It's always been one of my favourite songs.

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#34 [url]

Dec 28 07 3:56 AM

Some years ago I was friends with a wild albatross. I used to feed him and he was such a friendly, good natured bird, but he was HUGE - they are SO BIG. I didn’t realise how big they were till I got close to this one.

Anyway, I was surfing photos and saw this stunning photo of an albatross. It didn’t say who the photographer was. It also reminded me of that gorgeous Fleetwood Mac classic.

Quote    Reply   

paxam

Tin Warrior

#35 [url]

Dec 28 07 4:05 AM

Alright, this took me awhile to find but I found it.  For the Canned Heat fans.

For the Santana fans.

I posted this on the "other" forum.  This guy has long been one of my favorites. 

If we aren't now, I think we'll all be singing some laid low and dirty blues soon.  surprise 

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Dec 28 07 1:22 PM

WOW I hadn't stopped by the Music Box in a while! LOVE the selections! I hadn't heard Canned Heat in a while, and always love JL Hooker and Carlos.

The Great Spirit is everywhere; he hears whatever is in our minds and our hearts, and it is not necessary to speak to Him in a loud voice. - Black Elk, Lakota

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Dec 28 07 1:53 PM

[media]

-paxam

That's you?  For some reason I always pictured a cranky middle-aged guy associated with your handle...but I'm probably just projecting as I'm a crank middle-aged guy.

Nice work...nice gutsy playing and excellent harmonization.  My own attempts at trying my hand at playing roots music have been less than stellar...sadly I must admire it by afar.  

Bill Foss...that name is familiar to me for some reason, I must have heard him before.

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#39 [url]

Dec 28 07 7:35 PM

Paxam, that was you?  Wow, that music was totally awesome!  What a talent.

And John, you are not a "crank middle-aged guy".  I've never seen you be cranky even ONCE.  

Nice song choices gang.

Quote    Reply   

paxam

Tin Warrior

#40 [url]

Dec 28 07 11:54 PM

Oh no.  I think you have me mistaken.  I only play crappy guitar and if I really wanted to clear a room out I would sing too.  But you nailed the middle aged cranky guy.  
devil

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help