Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Dec 11 07 5:38 PM

Hi everyone, I'm Tinfoil Hattie from LATOC and Sustainable Country.  Despite my moniker, I only dabble in tin, but there are several people here I've always loved reading on LATOC, so I had to sign up.

Thank you for setting up the forum, Emeline.  Even if I'm not nearly as well-traveled down the rabbit hole as the rest of you, I'm sure the trip here will be more than worthwhile.

Hey, Lou, long time no see!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#43 [url]

Dec 11 07 6:14 PM

Limeywestlake reporting for duty. This is a nice looking forum. Thanks, Emeline.

And priests in black gowns were walking their rounds, And binding with briars my joys and desires. - William Blake

Quote    Reply   

jimmy3dd

Tinsel Tiller

#44 [url]

Dec 11 07 7:27 PM

Jimmy3d here checking in...I'm pretty much a full time lurker on all these forums, but I just want to say that even though I rarely post, after spending the last 2-1/2 years immersed in LATOC (75days 22 hrs), you all are eFamily to me.  Like many I stumbled upon LATOC when gas prices started going stratospheric in the spring of 07. Thanks to all of you I've had my blinders removed and am preparing. I'm now locked and loaded, in the process of selling my home/studio in Eastern Pa and have a 5 acre stead in Central Or. under contract. You can find me around the web via google.

Been a sci- fi addict since I could read, so Tin was always one of my favorite places at the old board. Can't wait to check out what you guys have going on here!!

OK, back to lurking.................

Quote    Reply   

rev18

Tinsel Tiller

#45 [url]

Dec 11 07 8:09 PM

Hey all,

Joining from the old LATOC and the new SC.  I like my tin, probably the result of two years of driving to work listening to cost to cost for two hours once a week. Used to freak me out sometimes! Glad to see so many familiar names.  Thanks for setting this up Emeline!

Quote    Reply   

percy

Foil Jester

#48 [url]

Dec 11 07 9:15 PM

Hi everyone.....Thanks for getting this together Em!  It is much appreciated.  I'm Percy which is my cats name.....Ann to the real world.  I'm 43 and mother of  4+5 year old girls which is now my most important job.  I'm an architect but have not been able to find a job this last year since the construction industry imploded.  We are ok though the hubby has a great job and I have learned alot about gardening and canning in my spare time.  I am also in Memphis (we should get together sometime Anewday) and love to swap conspiracy theories with my Mom!  I guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.wink

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Dec 11 07 10:10 PM

It's kind of annoying at times.  I feel like saying to myself, "Oh, for god's sake!  Can't I just be around this person without immediately knowing they're a jackass/psychopath/idiot?"  :D

-mtlouie

Oh man...can I relate to that one.  I get to be the guy who says "um...watch out for that guy" and gets pilloried for it, and then, ultimately, vindicated.  

It gets really irritating after a while.

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#50 [url]

Dec 11 07 10:34 PM

Annie, oh you’re Deborah  Yost! smile    I wondered who Deborah Yost was. LOL. A warm welcome and I’m so glad you brought your beautiful water-lily as well. Such georgous flowers. The spell-check, well, we’re getting in MacBeth’s witches to do the spell checking (it’s a bit of a joke on another thread). We just need some eye of newt, a toad that’s lived under the same rock for 31 days and baboon’s blood to cool the cauldron to get started. devil

4x2, hello and welcome to the forum. smile

cactus wren, welcome and so happy to see you here. I for one would LOVE to hear some of your stories. When my mother died 11 years ago I was there holding her hand and when she passed I had this powerful vision of people on the other side waiting for her. Her mother, my maternal grandmother, who died when I was three, was standing right there waiting for her to cross over. I felt her presence so strongly, almost like she was standing there in person. I almost said, “hello grandmother” but I didn’t. She was the most powerful presence and my mother and her had been very close.

Cactus, btw, I am so glad you saw the real light re assumed/supposedly God-ordained “male supremacy”. I always think, sorry, I don’t do merit-optional reverence, ergo, if I revere someone it’s based on their individual merit, not whether or not they happened to be born with a penis. It seems to me whether someone has a vagina or a penis factors very little into how meritorious I consider them.

Oh Lou, I’m laughing at your built-in bullshit detector. Mine was always SCREAMING when I used to encounter Pentecostal “Christian” ministers. Warning, Warning Will Robinson!!! monkey  Snake-oil salesmen.

Hey TinfoilHattie, a warm welcome to you.  smile   It can indeed get a bit scary down the rabbit hole but it’s never dull! LOL.

Limey, great to see you.  smile  The site builders here must be very impressive - I have next to zero computer skills and even I worked out how to set this forum up in just a few minutes. I went to so many others which just seemed unfathomable. I was really relieved to find this host. grin

Hi jimmy, welcome, sounds like you’re very well situated there. smile

Rev, thanks for joining us and a warm welcome. smile That Coast to Coast radio there sounds quite intriguing. I need to tune into that sometime. I guess we could get it here in NZ. What were some of the most memorable things you heard on it which stick out in your mind?

Ericcccccccccccccccccc, what can I say? The King is in da house!! All hail King Eric! grinheart

Percy, hi again. smileIs that your dog? It’s a Smooth Coated Collie, isn’t it? I bred Collies for a long, long time. I always thought one day I’d like to get a Smooth. An apple never falls far from the tree is a good saying. I use that down here sometimes too.

Say John and Lou (and anyone else who gets those feelings), do you ever run into anyone and almost gasp and go, wow, that person is like PURE EVIL. plainIt happens to me only rarely, but now and again……..maybe once every five years I’ll meet someone and my blood will feel like it is running cold and I’ll just feel they are “pure evil”. I’ve always been right too.

Smile, breathe and go slowly.’ ~Thich Nhat Hanh

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#52 [url]

Dec 11 07 11:32 PM

Slow D!  Hi! Hi! Hi!

Em- I wrote about this once on LATOC.  I have only EVER been around two people that I KNEW were evil.  I've been around people that I knew MIGHT be evil.  I knew they were psychopaths, for sure.  By psychopathy can take many forms.  But for pure EVIL:

And, unfortunately, both of these men were from the ME, which means absolutely  nothing.  Just a complete accident of chance.  Anyway, one was a cab driver in NYC.  My ex and I (and he's  TERRIBLE at picking out bad people.  Everyone is his buddy.) got out of that cab and it just POURED off of us.  We looked at each other and said, "Wow, that guy was bad!"  He never spoke to us, never even LOOKED at us.  It was just emanating from him.  And the other was a shop-owner (or at least worked there) in the Pike Place Market in Seattle.  I even took Galt in there after my ex and I saw him.  She just about always laughs at my tinfoil, but she was like, "Mom, he's bad."

I've read stuff about the serial killer Henry Lucas.  One guy said he and his buddy were in the sticks in Florida, stopped at this little ramshackle gas station, and there was a man sitting outside with a young girl (teenager,) and offered this guy and his buddy a six pack of beer for her.  The guy telling the story said his skin was absolutely crawling, and his buddy's.  They both declined and got the hell out of there.  A couple of months later Lucas was picked up for the beginning of his unraveling of many  homicides and the guy saw him on t.v.  The guy said, "I knew him immediately.  His eyes.  His eyes were pure evil.  I always wonder where my buddy and I would be today if we'd have taken him up on his offer, and went with him somewhere.  Probably dead."

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Dec 11 07 11:56 PM

Hey everyone!!

S_D - my man!  So happy to see you and everyone else that signed in today... even Hattie came over to check us out. Ha

Eric, dude!!  You were missed here, it warms my heart to have you on board, the doom-o-meter will start pegging out now! LOL

Is EWO coming here, too.  Aren't we lucky to 'know' each other, just makes my day to see everyone gathering up again. :-)

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#54 [url]

Dec 12 07 12:36 AM

Oh SD, I am so thrilled to see you here! And yes, it would be even more awesome to get our lovely Eyes in here too.  Umm SD, do you want to help moderate here by any chance?   angel

Lou, yeah, freaky stuff and something I find most disturbing is that usually I am the ONLY one who can see how evil someone is. One of my best friends went away for a while and got engaged to this guy and when she came back and brought him out for a BBQ, the moment we met ………..I will never forget it. I felt like I was meeting the devil himself. No one else could feel or see it - but HE knew I could see and “feel” who he was. I wrote about my encounter with him on LATOC one time. We pretended this wasn’t happening because of all the other guests, but our minds had somehow “locked” - we were actually communicating telepathically.

He was going like, “Yes, you know how evil I am” and I could see his RAPE victims. I could see everything he’d done.

I even “said” back to him, “I see all your criminal convictions and victims, all the way back”. They somehow all “flashed before my eyes” and he smirked and said, “I got away with most of them”.
He hated me and I hated him. Immediate CLASH of worlds is the only way to describe it. Long story short, soon afterwards he abducted a couple at knifepoint, raped the woman and stabbed the guy. All this time I was saying to my friend, “You have GOT to check him out” and she kept saying, “You’re crazy, he’s lovely”.

When he was arrested and convicted she was still convinced he was innocent, even when all his convictions came out in court. It was like he had her under some kind of spell and as if with other people he could somehow mask who he really was - but all I could see was the REAL him, and he was just evil.

TG, me too!

Quote    Reply   

krazykat

Tinsel Tiller

#55 [url]

Dec 12 07 1:31 AM

Considering where you are in your conversation right now, this might not be the most opportune time to jump in and say hi!

Anyway the Kat is here......once known as hard rain......Hi Lou...

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Dec 12 07 1:54 AM

KK!!!  How the heck are you?!  Man, this is GREAT!  Now let's get Eyes on here!  And limey is here, and all my old LATOC pals!  I could cry. 

Em- I read a deal on, maybe Rigorous Intuition, I don't remember, about a woman who went to meet her son's future in-laws, and she swore her son's future mother-in-law revealed herself as a reptilian.  Internet tinfoil, of course.  Who knows?

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#58 [url]

Dec 12 07 3:05 AM

Oh my, my, it's the Kaptain!  Kaptain Krazy.  *purrrrs and wags tail*

This is a special moment my Kaptain. 

grin

I hope I don't regret this, but.....here..........monkey

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#60 [url]

Dec 12 07 3:08 AM

surpriseOh my goodness TIS!  That great whore!!  surprise

Oh and welcome TIS, of course. smile  We already had a chair saved for you my friend.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help