Remove this ad

emeline

Silver Monarch

#21 [url]

Dec 11 07 5:14 AM

Hiya, anewday!  Yay, risenshine is in da house.  smile  I don't know if there is a spellcheck here, but I was thinking the term "spell check" is kinda funny on a tin forum.  I can  just imagine a witch standing there using a "spell check".    Now I have this vision of MacBeth's "three old hags" using a "spell check" as they stir the cauldron.

Oh boy, but I love Shakespeare!

A dark Cave. In the middle, a Caldron boiling. Thunder.
Enter the three Witches.
1 WITCH. Thrice the brinded cat hath mew’d.
2 WITCH. Thrice and once, the hedge-pig whin’d.
3 WITCH. Harpier cries:—’tis time! ’tis time!
1 WITCH. Round about the caldron go;
In the poison’d entrails throw.—
Toad, that under cold stone,
Days and nights has thirty-one;
Swelter’d venom sleeping got,
Boil thou first i’ the charmed pot!
ALL. Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and caldron bubble.
2 WITCH. Fillet of a fenny snake,
In the caldron boil and bake;
Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder’s fork, and blind-worm’s sting,
Lizard’s leg, and owlet’s wing,—
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.
3 WITCH. Scale of dragon; tooth of wolf;
Witches’ mummy; maw and gulf
Of the ravin’d salt-sea shark;
Root of hemlock digg’d i the dark;
Liver of blaspheming Jew;
Gall of goat, and slips of yew
Sliver’d in the moon’s eclipse;
Nose of Turk, and Tartar’s lips;
Finger of birth-strangled babe
Ditch-deliver’d by a drab,—
Make the gruel thick and slab:
Add thereto a tiger’s chaudron,
For the ingrediants of our caldron.
2 WITCH. Cool it with a baboon’s blood,
Then the charm is firm and good.

Smile, breathe and go slowly.’ ~Thich Nhat Hanh

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

dnvrliz

Foil Jester

#23 [url]

Dec 11 07 5:48 AM

Hi

Its me Dnvrliz.
The Queen of DIA tinfoil !!

I live in the high desert of Oregon.  I am a Med Aide/  Security Officer but am unemployed right now.
I live in a mobile home (lots of tin) with my husband and my dog.

I converse with eric1 on a daily basis usually, he keeps me sane !!!

I am 48 until next June....

I can never get enough TIN and I am very grateful to Emeline for this new site...Thank you Emeline !!!

I am with Emiline and anewday on the whole Bible Tin connectivity....

That's about it...I feel very honored to be here.

Lizzy

Quote    Reply   

cantheus

Tinsel Tiller

#24 [url]

Dec 11 07 10:44 AM

I'm Cantheus, posted on LATOC and now on SC as Cantheus. 

I'm 42, mom, wife, and all the other assorted sundries that go with it.
In RL I'm a writer, with five novels published since 2005. (If you like fantasy erotic romance AKA: Bodice Rippers, you may have read my stuff :P ) 
My grammar and punctuation suck, even for a writer (that's why we have editors lol), and I hate apostrophes.
I love all things tin, and I'm liking this new forum very much.

Thanks Em.

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#25 [url]

Dec 11 07 11:31 AM

Liz and you're a great investigator!  I still remember your "dead goats" thread - did you ever have any more thoughts on what was behind it all?

Hiya Cantheus. smile  It's delightful to have you here and you are prolific - 5 novels, wow!   It's funny because I have this thing about missing apostrophes in my own writing.  I can't abide missing apostrophes!   If I read back through something and see I missed an apostrophe it drives me nuts. Oh people, we're so strange!  grin

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Dec 11 07 11:35 AM

I'm residualheat, here and at SC, but you can call me residual :)

I've long been fascinated by tin. When we were kids we weren't allowed any religious teaching, because my parents said that children should only be taught about it when they were old enough to understand it. But we were taught to think and question and so we did.

When I met Mr heat, he taught me to meditate and we went on to teach what we've always called 'wacko stuff' for a time. We might be still doing it, but at the time we felt it wasn't right to take money for what we felt people needed, so we stopped. We still do the head stuff, though. Anyway, we met a lot of other wackos, some really fascinating people and some of them had some pretty strange ideas. Thing is, you can't tell someone that what they believe isn't true because you just don't know. I couldn't prove that the guy who came to that one workshop wasn't an alien who had just arrived in that body; he certainly seemed to believe it and anyway, he was very nice so what did it matter. And from the meditation we did ourselves, we felt/feel that there is an awful lot more going on than meets the eye. I also suspect that tptb keep people dumbed down so that they don't realise this. Tin is ridiculed or just seen as too 'out there' for many people, because they have been taught to see it that way. It would be interesting to see what happened if people became aware en masse.

Anyway, irl, I'm a part time gardener and writer - I could do it full time, but I like some time to do other things as well. Making gardens better is my calling and I like it very much, even if I did answer that calling later than I might have done. I write about wildlife and wildlife gardening, with the aim of encouraging people to stop, look, marvel and think before picking up the spray. Some people tell it has changed the way they garden and that pleases me more than I can say.

So, nice to be here and very nice to see you all. Especially pleased to see you Louie!

Long live tin!

Quote    Reply   

doomnymph

Tinsel Tiller

#27 [url]

Dec 11 07 11:52 AM

I was born in a cozy little burrow in the midst of a beautiful meadow in the Spring 49 years ago, the oldest of a litter of seven...

Sorry... I'll dispense with my bunny self for a while.

Like a lot of you, I've been a life-long aficionado of tin.  No surprise that it began with an early exposure to Sci-Fi.  My dad was an avid reader with a subscription to several sci-fi magazines, including Analog, and a membership in a Sci-fi book of the month club where he would order 5-6 books a month.  When he was done, I would eat them up.  And the fact that he was involved in the space program since the 50's really did influence me in a big way.

I also have a little talent for knowing that stretches back to my childhood.  I don't really consider myself psychic; that, to me, implies something altogether different.  The only way I can describe it is an ability to tune in on occasion.  I am working toward honing that ability.

What specifically interests me?   Yes, aliens/UFOs ('natch) are an interest. Who and where they are from is a source of internal debate for me.   I love ancient archaeology.  There is too much evidence out there that implies that our species has been here much longer and our roots are much farther reaching than we are led to believe.  And yes, I do believe there are those that work to suppress that information.

I’ll leave it at that.

Quote    Reply   

doomnymph

Tinsel Tiller

#28 [url]

Dec 11 07 11:54 AM

I have no idea why there are so many line breaks in my post and why I can't edit them out.  Hmmm.   Another mystery.

ETA:  Nevermind...  Fixed it.

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#29 [url]

Dec 11 07 11:54 AM

This is from residualheat.  The forum bot  mis-sent it to spam and I couldn't unspam it so I'm posting it here.  - Emeline

Sorry residual and welcome, thrilled you are here! smile

I'm residualheat, here and at SC, but you can call me residual :)
I've long been fascinated by tin. When we were kids we weren't allowed any religious teaching, because my parents said that children should only be taught about it when they were old enough to understand it. But we were taught to think and question and so we did.
When I met Mr heat, he taught me to meditate and we went on to teach what we've always called 'wacko stuff' for a time. We might be still doing it, but at the time we felt it wasn't right to take money for what we felt people needed, so we stopped. We still do the head stuff, though. Anyway, we met a lot of other wackos, some really fascinating people and some of them had some pretty strange ideas. Thing is, you can't tell someone that what they believe isn't true because you just don't know. I couldn't prove that the guy who came to that one workshop wasn't an alien who had just arrived in that body; he certainly seemed to believe it and anyway, he was very nice so what did it matter. And from the meditation we did ourselves, we felt/feel that there is an awful lot more going on than meets the eye. I also suspect that tptb keep people dumbed down so that they don't realise this. Tin is ridiculed or just seen as too 'out there' for many people, because they have been taught to see it that way. It would be interesting to see what happened if people became aware en masse.
Anyway, irl, I'm a part time gardener and writer - I could do it full time, but I like some time to do other things as well. Making gardens better is my calling and I like it very much, even if I did answer that calling later than I might have done. I write about wildlife and wildlife gardening, with the aim of encouraging people to stop, look, marvel and think before picking up the spray. Some people tell it has changed the way they garden and that pleases me more than I can say.
So, nice to be here and very nice to see you all. Especially pleased to see you Louie!
Long live tin!

Quote    Reply   

#31 [url]

Dec 11 07 12:25 PM

Hello, folks, very nice Tinfoil Palace you have here. angelHeehee. I was Annie Okra over at the dear departed and am the same at SC. On Facebook I use my real name, Deborah Yost.

I have a hubby and thre adult children, two of whom live in my town (Lincoln ,NE) and two grandchildren. Mt husband is a goldsmith and so is our daughter LOL they also teach metalworking at the local community college ~ you aren't commuting Lincoln, are you, anewday? Heh. I make bead earrings and keep the web page up.
http://heartofgoldjewelers.blogspot.com/
         They've been known to ship FedEx although being a "buy local" business, that is the exception.

My interest in tin goes way back to my youth, I had some pretty out-there experiences including a near-death one and a number of precognitive ones, I see auras and feel vibes and do hands-on healing. I have a heckuva herb garden and make tinctures and oils for healing. I see the big picture many times when prewented with a bit of information. I ma not interested in "doom" per se, but rather, in an evolving consciousness and evolving humanity.

I am hard to categorize philosphically since I like to tak ecommunion (Orthodox/Catholic) but Native Spirtuality and Buddhism and Wiccan ethos all resonate as strongly.

The Great Spirit is everywhere; he hears whatever is in our minds and our hearts, and it is not necessary to speak to Him in a loud voice. - Black Elk, Lakota

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Dec 11 07 12:28 PM

Hey Emmie, where's the durn spellchecker? Can't find it and lord knows I need one, fumble fingered typist...

The Great Spirit is everywhere; he hears whatever is in our minds and our hearts, and it is not necessary to speak to Him in a loud voice. - Black Elk, Lakota

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Dec 11 07 12:30 PM

Hi,

Spademonkey here and hoping to enjoy some head-scratching tin.

Thanks for setting this place up Emeline.

One question - as it is free hosting, is there an option for you to download/backup the forum so that if, when the halls of tin fill-up, nothing will be lost if the hosting company gets mutilated by corporate aliens?

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Dec 11 07 1:24 PM

Annie, when you are writing your post, if a word has a red line under it, that means it's misspelled.  Just put your cursor on the word, right click and it will bring up at least one possibility of a correction.  Sometimes it's not misspelled, but we just use words in different ways.  Anyway, that's what I always use.

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Dec 11 07 1:31 PM

Hey, residual!

Thing is, you can't tell someone that what they believe isn't true because you just don't know.

Amen!  That's why I try not to diss the Mormons and the Scientologists too badly.  Who the  heck knows?

I love how your parents raised you.  Very, very cool.  Although I heard a kid at school the other day say to a girl who brought her violin into class, "Yeah, I started playing the violin, but my mom was a crazy hippie, and told me it was my own decision what I wanted to do, so I quit.  It makes me mad she didn't make me keep playing."

I just thought, "Parents can never win." 

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Dec 11 07 1:39 PM

Boy!  We are an interesting bunch, eh?  And very curious as to how most of us are all around the same age: mid-40s to early 60s. 

Cantheus!  Five novels!  Can you give us a hint?

Liz- Whatever did happen with your goat saga?

Quote    Reply   

cactuswren

Tinsel Tiller

#38 [url]

Dec 11 07 2:05 PM

Hi y`all.
 Cactus wren here.
 It`s the same almost every forum I visit.

I`m up there with buzzard as far as age goes.hehe

Another sci-fi addict since childhood.Started very young with about 20 first editions of Oz books, before I could even read. My mother encouraged (and read) them.

I`m headblind. But, my MIL ( Cherokee stock) was very pyschic. She could flat be scary at times. I learned to rely on her words of wisdom.She`s been gone for many years now, and I still miss her.
 A couple of my 5 kids have a bit of her gift.None of my GKs seem to have it, but who knows about the great-grands. there`s hope there.

I didn`t post alot over there, but I read every day. Everything.
 Being retired/retarded does that to a body.
 I `m a RN, worked mainly ER and ICU. Saw some strange goings on over 30 years.

Believe me, when your 80 year old patient starts talking to her mother, she`s going to die, no matter what the docs say, the vital signs say, or whatever the hell you do. She`s going to go to her mother.

I`m also one of those weird Mormon folks. Don`t worry, you haven`t heard how active Mormons talk about each other. But,I`m not active. I seem to have developed an adverse reaction to males telling me how to think, act , and live.

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Dec 11 07 2:12 PM

Hi, cactuswren!  It just makes me want to cry to see all the old familiar names!

You are very funny, btw!

I, like you, have very little ESP stuff going on.  Headblind, as you say.

My forte is reading people.  Or, as Matt put up in his astrology thing on  Scorpios, a built-in bullshit detector.  Never wrong.  I have ignored it to my detriment through the years.  Not anymore, though.  It's kind of annoying at times.  I feel like saying to myself, "Oh, for god's sake!  Can't I just be around this person without immediately knowing they're a jackass/psychopath/idiot?"  :D

Quote    Reply   

cantheus

Tinsel Tiller

#40 [url]

Dec 11 07 2:43 PM

Lou,

I can do better than that LOL
I write under the pseudonym Camryn Cutler (I suppose you could go to whois and find out my RL name, but I've never really hidden it anyway. I mostly used a pen name so my mom wouldn't die of shock LOL).

I'm published through Whiskey Creek Press Torrid Line - Available on ebook readers and trade paperback.

Unfortunately, I've been in a block for nearly two years. Ironically, when I really woke up to TEOTWAWKI.
Ok, that's the last of my plugging LOL - not that I ever did it for the $ anyway.
Anyone wants an ebook, (if you like that sort of thing) PM me and I'll send you a PDF. (The internet version of a plain brown wrapper)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help