Remove this ad

#361 [url]

Jan 9 10 10:42 PM

*Think instead of thing

~ Be the Change you Wish to see in the World (Gandhi)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

periol

Silver Monarch

#362 [url]

Jan 9 10 10:53 PM

Hey Amrit, welcome to the forum.

Emeline is the best, you'll find that out quickly.  And to be honest, so is everyone else here.  We're just a bunch of people who think that this world has turned out isn't for the best, and I think it's safe to say we're all keeping an eye on what happens while hoping for something better and doing what we can to be the change.  

Being from LA, I'm sure you see a bit of how messed up our modern day living is, and how it takes us away from the world.  Glad to have you on board, I'm sure there's lots we can learn from you.

It's funny too, I just tried that Google search you mentioned, and didn't get one result with the forum.  Google is such a strange beast sometimes.  Anyways, welcome!

Quote    Reply   

#363 [url]

Jan 9 10 11:01 PM

Hey! And ahaha thank you Periol. I'm sure you all are amazing by the sound of it. 
And yes, I take action in rallies and other things to get involved and help create something better. Its strange how much we can learn from others around us, this is the true beauty of life to me, small things like this. 
Wow!! Really? I just did searched it yesterday for my assignment!  that is quite bizarre i must say. 
 Thank you again for your kindness I look forward to this  

~ Be the Change you Wish to see in the World (Gandhi)

Quote    Reply   

#364 [url]

Jan 10 10 2:30 AM

Welcome, Amrit.

I'll go Periol one better and say (re:the sorcha faal article) that you need to take the things said here with a grain of salt.  ;)

Most of us here came from a peak oil forum, which was full of all kinds of doom and gloom.  I think most of us now tend to think, although humans are doing a terrible job of taking care of the planet, there's a lot of very good things which might happen, too.

We tend to be cynical at times, but we also acknowledge all the wonder and beauty in the world, too.

I'm sure you know the Internet is full of all kinds of opinions and it is no different here.  We range far and wide in our discussions and sometimes despair that we humans can get this all right without making terrible mistakes.

Nonetheless, there is no "truth" here.  Just regular people saying, "what if" to a lot of things.

Keep that in mind as you read and don't take anything here seriously.  We might say something with great verve one day and turn around and totally disagree with our own statements the next.  :)

Hope to learn from your young wisdom.

Quote    Reply   

brandyjack

Tinsel Tiller

#365 [url]

Feb 2 10 10:47 PM

Brandyjack. Been Brandyjack for so long, forget another name. Brandyjack is a curmudgeon, iconoclast, and troglodyte. Now, I started serious, as in spending much time, reading with Freddy the Pig, the librarian suggested it. Went to Hayakawa, Language in Action, to Asimov, R.A. Heinlein, Del Ray, Clarke, and much History, China, Japan, American, and authors such as I. Velikovsky and A. Rand, and even DeSade.

I remember crazy people and places, lost friends in the rice and boonies. Marines 67-70.

I have four children, eight grandchildren and a long suffering spouse of 42 years. Survived enough hurricanes to laugh at tornadoes, but not blizzards, having survived all three at one time or another.

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#366 [url]

Feb 2 10 11:56 PM

Hi Brandyjack, sounds like you've had an interesting life and have a lot of experience to share - so glad you have joined us.  A warm welcome.  smile

Smile, breathe and go slowly.’ ~Thich Nhat Hanh

Quote    Reply   

drsmith

Tinsel Tiller

#367 [url]

Mar 6 10 2:30 AM

I am here as the result of a broken time machine.

Greetings.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

drsmith

Tinsel Tiller

#368 [url]

Mar 8 10 3:19 PM

Two WHOLE days since I posted my hello! post but not a word of greetings. Not even a "Dr. Smith, without you this forum would have died already! Thank goodness you found us!"

I'm shocked. 

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#370 [url]

Mar 8 10 7:10 PM

Hi DrSmith, a warm welcome and my sincere apology for the lack of greeting.  I look forward to your continued participation.

Welcome back Veronica.

Smile, breathe and go slowly.’ ~Thich Nhat Hanh

Quote    Reply   

concernedmomma

Silver Monarch

#371 [url]

Mar 8 10 7:20 PM

Hello Dr.Smith,

I completely missed your intro. I think what sometimes happens is we all get a little lazy and only take a look at the "recent" post area and some times it doesnt actually show ALL recent posts. We have had it pop up from time to time where people missed whole posts due to that.

Reguardless glad your here and hope to hear more from you.

This time of year slows down a bit ...

Well aren't you just a fun little lollipop triple dipped in psycho......

Quote    Reply   

pseudophil

Tinsel Tiller

#374 [url]

Jul 29 10 2:49 AM

I was sure I remembered posting on this thread. I couldn't remember which page I was on, so I just paged through it and ....

Just called me scatterbrained... or late to the party... or.... just call me Phil. wink

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help