Remove this ad

emeline

Silver Monarch

#321 [url]

Aug 23 08 12:26 AM

Hi Keats and a warm welcome. smile    I know many of our other members have MUCH in common with you and really, these guys are an awesome group - very open-minded and tolerant.  I'm sure you'll be an equally valuable member.

And as Lou says, the dogs, ah yeah, we love the dogs.....I have 4 myself. 

Smile, breathe and go slowly.’ ~Thich Nhat Hanh

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

tlr1138

Silver Monarch

#322 [url]

Aug 23 08 12:39 AM

Welcome to the forum, Keats. I'm pretty liberal but I can respect an honest conservative. I'm an old movie buff too. Who are some of your favorite actors?

Quote    Reply   

concernedmomma

Silver Monarch

#323 [url]

Aug 23 08 12:56 AM

Welcome Keats

Mother, Wife, Garden is me. Dog is a dingbat Lab who literally almost ran herself ragged today in the heat watching me moew.  My favorite 'tin' is good old fashioned ghost stories, odd dreams, stuff with the oo-eee-oo factor, and a good read that doesnt put me to sleep trying to figure out what the hell they are talking about.

I'm sure you'll fit right in.

Well aren't you just a fun little lollipop triple dipped in psycho......

Quote    Reply   

keatsy9264

Tinsel Tiller

#324 [url]

Aug 24 08 4:01 AM

Hi, thanks all! tlr1138 Probably the question is - which actors DON"T I like? LOL I don't care much for Bette Davis or Clark Gable, though they were fantastic actors but something about them just turns me off. I am a big Leslie Howard fan, and I have actually corresponded with his daughter Doodie (she signed the biography she wrote for me too) and his granddaughter as well. Doodie is in the Toronto area and his granddaughter is too. g.d. is a holistic doctor and looks a LOT like her grandfather!

I also like Greer Garson, Barbara Stanwyck, the Dead End Kids, Cagney and Bogart, and Olivier. Favorite Silent films are The General and Birth of a Nation. And speaking of old time stuff, do you all know the intriguing story of Dorothy Killgallan? Look THAT one up sometime!!! Wonderful fodder for conspiracy buffs! You can also punch up her last appearance just hours before she "died" on What's My Line on YouTube. It's amazing now how people watched this show so enthusiastically, but it is fun to watch some of the old stars on there.

Quote    Reply   

#325 [url]

Sep 27 08 5:48 AM

Hi, I am Cameron.  I am an OLD college student who is working on his second PhD in Southeast Missouri/Southern IL area and will probably be finishing up in Chicago.  My background is criminal justice, however I am working in the area of comparative religion at the moment.  

Conspiracy stuff is a hobby of mine and I am trying to combine it with many of my studies to eventually teach a class on the subject from an academic point of view.  The more I have been exposed to has changed my outlook on the subject, especially in regards to crypto-zoology and comparison myth.  Social control/engineering, assassination conspiracies, and occult/secret societies are some of my favorite subjects.

I am glad to have found this board and I love sharing information with other like minded souls.  

Thanks for having me.

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#326 [url]

Sep 27 08 6:25 AM

Hi Cameron and thanks for the intro.  I've enjoyed reading your contributions so far and am looking forward to reading many more.

smile

Quote    Reply   

#327 [url]

Mar 24 09 12:28 AM

I'm baack!  I have been absent for awhile since Broil went a little loopy over here. Fresh start and all that.

The Great Spirit is everywhere; he hears whatever is in our minds and our hearts, and it is not necessary to speak to Him in a loud voice. - Black Elk, Lakota

Quote    Reply   

kitty

Tin Warrior

#330 [url]

Mar 24 09 2:17 PM

Good to see you here Annie.

Know when to hold, and know when to fold.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

emeline

Silver Monarch

#332 [url]

Mar 25 09 7:51 PM

Welcome zephyr, lovely to have you here.  smile

Very interesting story about the astrologer!

Quote    Reply   

friday

Tin Warrior

#333 [url]

Mar 25 09 8:59 PM

I'm Friday and I'm not new, I've just never posted before. I've been a lurker since the tinfoil hat sub forum on latoc. I'm in my early thirties, female, licensed tradesmen, and my biggest aspiration is to retire to a hippie lifestyle.

As teotwawki continues to drag on I'm less content to watch the conversation and want to start participating in it.

"There is one rule that's very simple, but not easy: observe reality and adjust." - Ran Prieur

Quote    Reply   

kitty

Tin Warrior

#334 [url]

Mar 25 09 9:11 PM

Welcome zephyr and friday.  I'm a great lurker so I don't post much.  However, the experts here explain things very well.  louie, GK, tlr, eric, momma, J.A.F.O. and everyone I've left out.  Of course Em makes me drop my socks daily.  I'm sure you'll both feel very happy here.  It's a good place to be.

Know when to hold, and know when to fold.

Quote    Reply   

#335 [url]

Mar 25 09 9:24 PM

Thank you for the welcome, folks!

The Great Spirit is everywhere; he hears whatever is in our minds and our hearts, and it is not necessary to speak to Him in a loud voice. - Black Elk, Lakota

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#336 [url]

Mar 25 09 10:00 PM

Welcome friday, as you can see we're a pretty friendly bunch here so please don't hesitate to join in the conversation any time. smile

LOL @ kitty. It's not every day someone tells me I make them drop their socks! angel

Quote    Reply   

#340 [url]

Mar 26 09 12:38 AM

I never got around to this before. I am limeywestlake - Neil Westlake from the South of England, now living in British Columbia. I am an artist, illustrator, essayist and motion picture technician working out of the Vancouver Film Studios. Currently I am the graphic designer on ABC's new fantasy series "Once Upon a Time." I must point out, though, most people think I must be rich, but I can assure you I am not. I have an autistic son whose therapy I subsidize, and I can barely afford my housing co-op townhouse.
I am straddling the line between an anarcho-syndicalist and an anarch-primitivist (depending on what side of the bed I get out on.) I believe that white men should get the f- out of doing anything that may correlate to power-broking. We tried that and dropped the ball.
I can be an intolerant and angry asshole some of the time. The other time I am all OM vibes! My Gemini moon makes me a Jeckyl and Hyde type personality and I really can be my own worst enemy. I give myself a hard time much more than others. I am not quite sure why my wife has stayed with me for 12 years, but she insists she still loves me (and she does look at me earnestly when she says that.)
I drink too much often and struggle with depression and anxiety. Wild, passionate sex seems to be my biggest hobby after my giving up on being a doomer (not sexy).
I am the sort of person who complete strangers tell their deepest darkest secrets to.
I believe I must have been a black man (or woman) in a previous life as I am the only person in my pagan circle who worships Marvin Gaye and Donny Hathaway.
I am, however, getting jaded working for Hollywood. I have this need to lay my hands on people and channel my considerable empathic qualities, but I do not know how that will manifest as yet.
I am a deeply flawed man. I am not sure I would want to be anyone else, however. I do have a very big heart and I can, at times, emanate an incredible love-energy.
If anyone is interested, my portfolio can be viewed here:
http://www.westlakedesign.net/Home.html
However, the time-line on my About Page is messed up a present...
Anyway, that's me. Peace.

And priests in black gowns were walking their rounds, And binding with briars my joys and desires. - William Blake

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help