Remove this ad

#301 [url]

Apr 29 08 1:34 AM

Hi, Vixen.  Sorry you had to join us at such a sad time.  We're glad you're here, though.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

peakoilmom

Tinsel Tiller

#302 [url]

Apr 30 08 7:31 PM

Hi! I finally found you! I missed all of you after LATOC closed down, but wasn't on that site consistently so didn't know whether people had moved to another site. I looked around and couldn't find you, but then somehow I happened upon this site by accident this week -- and Voila! --- here you are.

I am so glad to have found Tinfoil Palace and all of you. Thank you, Emeline, for creating it.

Quote    Reply   

#306 [url]

May 5 08 9:40 PM

Hello everyone. I was MaineMaid over at LATOC and I finally meandered my way over here. I love tin; I have all my life especially after I thought I saw some kind of weirdness when I was about 8 years old. I live in Maine, (duh), and after reading "Lucifer's Hammer" about 25 years ago, I felt that it confirmed some of my own feelings. Was deeply into the Y2K thing, and being a nurse, I served on my hospital's pandemic flu committee, once again confirming that things are not as they seem on the surface.
   Anyway, I'm glad to find so many of my old buddies here.
                                     Jan (Maine Maid)

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#308 [url]

May 6 08 12:14 AM

Jan, it's great to see you here.  I remember some of your posts from LATOC very well.  Welcome aboard. smile

Smile, breathe and go slowly.’ ~Thich Nhat Hanh

Quote    Reply   

#309 [url]

May 7 08 7:10 PM

I've been doing the same thing as you all have been doing. Becoming alternatively alarmed, disenchanted, resigned, and weirdly, feeling somewhat discomforted by realizing all my prepping "strangeness", is now being endorsed by everyone since the Japanese disaster. I've had 2 people wanting a tour of my BOB. I've stated to both people that I will tell them what I have in the BOB, but will not be showing the BOB... (nor the location of the BOB, or the existance of Li'l BOB. Grin.
   I'm looking forward to getting caught up to date on all the forums here and getting deeply dug into the tin.
                                      Jan

Quote    Reply   

dawheeler77

Tinsel Tiller

#310 [url]

May 9 08 5:11 PM

formerly dwheeler on latoc...i recognise a lot of folks ....hey to all  .

I was off the Interwebs for a couple of years and now have a connection as long as this laptop holds out....

Seems these are interesting times.  I have no idea whats going on maybe we are moving up to Fourth density.... 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

aschiano

Tinsel Tiller

#313 [url]

May 14 08 2:51 AM

Hi,
Anthony Schiano here, and I forget how I came across this site (what exactly I was searching for) but I did a double-take when I recognized so many handles from the late, lamented LATOC forums -- I never posted there, but I lurked and learned daily for four years or so. (Learning to unsee things as the thin veneer of civilization makes them appear can be an absorbing but sticky sorting process, one I know all the LATOCers can relate to having gone through their own version of at some point.) My own journey to preparedness (the idea always seemed commonsensical to me -- as a grade-schooler, I'd read articles about "survivalists" with bomb shelters and stored food and think, "What a great idea..." I just didn't REALLY expect until a few years ago to NEED it in my lifetime...I'd read about peak oil much longer ago (also seemed commonsensical) but early on had only seen those optimistic estimates that put the peak past even the most optimistic projections of my lifespan. When I started to put it together, I began moving fast to make changes and encourage family and friends (varying degrees of success) to do the same.

To that end, I've launched a site, www.MalthusUniversity.com, with two primary goals in mind: roadmap all the great collapse info out there with a cheat sheet for those whose eyes are just now opening at this late stage, and to provide a tool to hopefully help open eyes of friends and loved ones. To that end, I KNOW the preparatory horsepower the gang hanging out here has; please suggest any links or topics that would contribute to the site's goals.

Now let's get tinfoilly -- in general, I love it. Monsters and aliens since childhood; the way-out economic and PTB conspiracy theories with all too much reality hidden behind them more recently.

In specific, let me offer some dots I connected on a post on my site:

Breaking — Elite to hold new Bretton Woods?

Check out this upcoming conference that begins April 8 (the date the current temporary spending agreement to fund the U.S. government is set to expire) at the Mount Washington Hotel (site of the 1944 Bretton Woods agreement).
Then look at INET’s own interactive blackboard to understand its roots. (Scroll down to the blackboard and click on “First Steps Toward Solution/George Soros as Catalyst.”)
Quick Adsense WordPress Plugin: http://techmilieu.com/quick-adsense Then read Soros’ 2009 op-ed titled “No Alternative to a New World Architecture,” in which he lays out his argument for “A new Bretton Woods conference.”
Note also that the attendees’ list for the April 8-11 conference includes Dr. Barry Eichengreen, author of the March 2 Wall Street Journal piece titled “Why the Dollar’s Reign is Near an End.”
For more on the April 8 expiration of the temporary spending agreement and implications for the U.S. debt ceiling, read this piece from CNNMoney: Debt Ceiling: Danger Ahead.
Good people, I mentioned in my earlier post that for many reasons time appears short before the endgame is reached in our current financial crisis, but holy cow! Clarify your top priorities and enact your most crucial remaining preparations now. This event, taken in the context of current world events, is an indicator that time is running short for the U.S. dollar as the world’s dominant reserve currency. The transition away from dollar dominance will have worldwide impacts, and in the U.S. it will likely look like the Argentinian collapse gone nova.
I had planned to discuss in some detail in this post the recent proliferation in mainstream media of coverage hinting at various aspects of impending economic collapse: from Reuters coverage earlier this week of Dallas Federal Reserve Bank President Richard Fisher saying that the U.S. debt situation is at a tipping point and on a path that leads to insolvency; to the January/February Atlantic Monthly cover story “The Rise of the New Ruling Class: How the Global Elite is Leaving You Behind;” to the March 2 Wall Street Journal special section on foreign exchange that led with the aforementioned piece titled “Why the Dollar’s Reign is Near an End,” by Berkeley professor Dr. Barry Eichengreen.
But this conference and its goals, attendees, and timing greatly ratchet up my concern level. Add to this Warren Buffett on CNBC today stating that the collapse of the Euro is not unthinkable, and at the very least we have the stage set for a complete overhaul of the global monetary system – and all the inevitable negative impacts for the U.S. dollar that such a change implies – in the not too distant future.
With such topics garnering mainstream media coverage, it seems that the timing of Trends Research Institute founder Gerald Celente’s prediction that 2010 would be the year that neo-survivalism goes mainstream was off by no more than a mere 90 days as we approach the close of the first quarter of calendar 2011 – but spot-on as to substance!
Prior to this, the Japanese nuclear crisis set in motion by the tsunami and earthquake had led that most level-headed analyst of societal collapse, Dr. Chris Martenson, to sound his strongest warning to date: March 16, Dr. Martenson wrote, “It is with a heavy heart that I am now issuing the highest level alert to my readers that I have to date.” (I briefly met Dr. Martenson at one of his public speaking engagements; in the course of our brief conversation, I mentioned that his Crash Course had really helped me put together the pieces about impending financial collapse, peak oil, and key resource depletion that I had first learned about in detail by reading the work of Matt Savinar and James Howard Kunstler. Dr. Martenson said, “Those guys are Defcon four.” Take serious heed when Dr. Martenson chooses to move to Defcon four!) At worst, maybe we’re sounding the alarm a bit early, but it is looking less and less like that is the case. If you’re sitting on the fence on any key preparatory actions for whatever reason, get going now.
Anthony Schiano, aka President Malthus

I think there's plenty of tinfoilly speculation we could run with based on the state of the global economy, energy resources, and that conference. Anyone?

I should also state in advance -- because Soros can be a polarizing figure for those of either the "left bad, right good" or "right good, left bad" persuasions -- that I'm long past those labels, and while I find value in some of the root principles traditionally associated with what both those labels long ago represented, I'm now rooted in what I call post-partisan pragmatism. That is to say the Elites have much more in common with each other, regardless of the political label they wear, than with any of the rest of us. I believe I'm paraphrasing (directly quoting) MTLouie when I say, "THEY'RE ALL IN IT TOGETHER!" So my own tin thinking on this topic is in the "elite control goals" realm.

I've gone on long enough for a first post; thanks again to the LATOCers for all I've learned, thanks for having me, and thanks in advance for any feedback that makes MalthusUniversity.com a better place.

best,
Anthony Schiano
aka "President Malthus"

Quote    Reply   

#314 [url]

May 14 08 8:19 AM

Hi Anthony.. great first post..  can I request that you use it to start a new thread in the Conspiracies section?

I've added Malthus University to the "Forums We Frequent" section of the sidebar..

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#315 [url]

May 14 08 8:27 AM

Hi Anthony, lovely to have you here and thanks for such a great post.  A warm welcome. smile

Smile, breathe and go slowly.’ ~Thich Nhat Hanh

Quote    Reply   

aschiano

Tinsel Tiller

#316 [url]

May 20 08 2:47 AM

Dear Emeline and Jafo,
Thank you both for the kind words, the warm welcome, and the link to Malthus University. I'm striving to make it a useful tool, and I do welcome any suggestions!

Jafo, I'll definitely post the Bretton Woods piece as a new thread, as you asked. Sorry for the delay; I'm in training for a new day job, which is of course a part of my prep plans, so I'm spread around a bit of late.

Thanks again; off to launch some conspiratorial tin of the all-too-real sort, as requested!

Quote    Reply   

lightmoon7

Tinsel Tiller

#317 [url]

Jun 2 08 11:22 PM

Hello Tinners,
         I am glad I have finally joined you.    I have been to this forum several times in the past few years.   I come here because I like  the atmosphere here.   People seem to be a little more grounded in here.   I read about different topics in different forums, but I always come back to check the tin here.   I hope I have put this in the correct place.   Anyhow, I'll be checking in periodically, but now I can voice my thoughts and opinions, yay!    Thank you lightmoon7

Quote    Reply   

keatsy9264

Tinsel Tiller

#319 [url]

Aug 22 08 9:54 PM

Hi, I'm Keats. I'm a conservative Christian and I'm really into politics and religion, but I won't bop anyone over the head with my beliefs. I take care of  my elderly parents in my home and work full time, so I don't get out much to have fun. One thing I don't do is rule anything out. The house I work in is haunted, and I never assume someone is crazy for anything they say - everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt. I am interested in the Taos Hum, UFO's, Bible Prophecy, earthquakes, natural healing, dissing big pharma, anything to do with dogs, breaking news of all kinds and The Killers are my favorite band. But I love old hymns too. Actually I like all kinds of music, except, well, mainstream pop and hip hop. I love to talk music and movies. I'm a cinefile and prefer old movies pre-1950, with some exceptions. I am also a freelance writer, but I don't really read or write fiction. Hope I can fit in somewhere.

Quote    Reply   

#320 [url]

Aug 23 08 12:05 AM

hi, keats!

anything to do with dogs

You'll fit in just fine.  wink

And I think most of us tend to be more liberal, but definitely not all of us.  The ones of us that are aren't politically liberal, we just think the whole bunch of polticians are all in it together with the multi-national corporations and they don't have any of us average people's interests at heart AT ALL. 

All your interests are discussed here All. Of. The. Time.

:D

Several musicians here.  Periol just posted a great vid of a poem he put to music.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help