Remove this ad

emeline

Silver Monarch

Lead

Dec 11 07 2:30 AM

Tags : :

I think it would be nice if we all gave a brief intro of ourselves, especially because quite a few people have changed names with the chaos with the forums of late.

I am Emeline, but I changed to Wendy for a while, which confused a lot of people, including as it happens me monkey, (even though that's my real name!), so I changed back.   I'm 51, from the South Island of New Zealand, and consider myself something of an empath which is a bit of a double edged sword.

I'm quite fascinated by most things "tin" especially when they relate to the Bible.  In fact I don't even know how you can separate the Bible and tin since I think the Bible has some of the most amazing tin of all time!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Dec 11 07 2:46 AM

Hi everyone, I use the name Tropicalgirl even though I am a little older than what most would consider a 'girl' :-)
But, still a girl at heart - and I live in South Florida, Zone 10b, very tropical spot, thus the name.  My real world name is Linda.

I'm a documentary film producer and avid reader and Iike to garden and want to learn herbal gardening and how to use them for healing.

I loved the LATOC Tinfoil Section, and read it daily.  The TF posters are the best!  As someone else mentioned, we seem to be a very tolerant and open-minded crowd!  And, I learn a lot from the Tinfoil articles and posts, its always mind expanding and fun and it continues to amaze me how quickly a tinfoil story can become MSM story.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Dec 11 07 3:21 AM

Wow, tropicalgirl!  If I knew that about you (documentary film producer) I'd forgotten.  How cool!

Louie here.  That's what most of my family and friends call me, so I'll stick with that.  It's pretty close to my real name, anyway.

I am in school getting another bachelor's in Native American Studies, with a focus on Native American healing- in order to prepare for what is coming.  My master's degree (if we make it that far) will focus on some aspect of this discipline.  I also have a degree in English (literature emphasis) and a teaching minor in Sociology.  Truly, an educated idiot.

I love to read, too.  Obsessively.  Although I spent almost twenty years living what we talked about on LATOC, I am now a town gal, and loving it.  Kind of a period before the storm, for me.  I wildcraft herbs and make my own tinctures, can my daughter's produce, knit, hike, and snowshoe.  And read.

Most of you are my old pals from LATOC for a number of years, but for the rest of you- I LOVE TIN!  I like to read about it, talk about it, and write about it.  Also, I have applied to teach a class on conspiracy theories at our university's adult education program.  It was very warmly received by the administrator, as she said they had wanted to have a class on this, but couldn't find anyone who knew enough about it to teach.  VOILA!  :D  I sent a sort-of watered-down outline (don't want to scare them off right away) and we'll see how it goes.  I'll keep you all posted.

Oh, and I  live west of the divide in Montana. 

Oh, and I'm going to tell you straight up:  I'm going to post more than ten times a day.  ;)

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Dec 11 07 3:30 AM

You ROCK girl, post away, we will read it, doncha know it! And I bet Em won't be counting our posts, ha!

I love the idea of you teaching a class on conspiracy theories, spreading the word, waking up the young ones, that is great.  

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#5 [url]

Dec 11 07 3:51 AM

Yay @ Lou posting more than ten times a day. 

Darn if I was closer I'd come to your conspiracy classes!  heart

Smile, breathe and go slowly.’ ~Thich Nhat Hanh

Quote    Reply   

buzzard

Tinsel Tiller

#6 [url]

Dec 11 07 4:10 AM

Well, Emeline. I was all prepared to BAH-HUMBUG the whole idea, but it would have been hypocritical since I used to sneak in to the tin foil thread often on that (not to be named) forum. Besides, I realize that I would follow you guys almost any where.

I am proud to say that I'm the oldest tinfoiler I have ever known. None of you need to reveal your ages just to prove me wrong. Just say, buzzard how right you are. You are so much older than I am. Inside I'm around 22, so it doesn't really matter.

When I was a kid I read every Sci-Fi book in the library. Read some really bad ones doing that. Studied the Bible too, as it turns out. I agree. There is some pretty fair Tin in there. Studying Archeology amazingly turns up some Tin also. Perhaps we can circle that a bit here. Aliens? Hell, most of the time I believe that I'm an alien myself.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Dec 11 07 4:13 AM

Oh, archaeology is a good one, Buzzard!  Ever read 'Forbidden Archaeology,' by Michael Cremo?  It's a tome, but well worth plowing through.  Pretty unbelievable stuff in there.  I'll start a thread, because it's too long for this, and there's a strange connection that I had this summer in my reading.

Quote    Reply   

buzzard

Tinsel Tiller

#8 [url]

Dec 11 07 4:16 AM

You nailed it Louie. That's the kind of stuff I had in mind.

ETA: BYW, I lurked on (you know) for many years and I grew to know you. There is no reason for you to remember me. That's OK.

Quote    Reply   

broil

Aluminati

#9 [url]

Dec 11 07 4:26 AM

Hey all, Broil here, just keeping my toes in the tin.  Broil at LATOC and Sustainable Country (where most of the LATOCers seem to have ended up, hundreds of 'em).  I'm now also Anchorite at http://2012forum.com , which is a tinfoil/preparedness site that fortunately doesn't require belief that the endtimes are in 2012.

Nice to see familiar handles, and especially nice to see MTlouie again after so long.  Just make sure you obey the rules here for once, Lou, and don't post more than 10 times per day.  ;)

Jesus saves, Buddha empties, Krishna recycles.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Dec 11 07 4:28 AM

Too late, buddy.  I already said I'd be posting WAY more than ten times day!  And I think I'm at around fifteen or so right now. 

God, aren't those emoticons CUTE?!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Dec 11 07 4:31 AM

I am John Ludi...though some folks call me John Ludi.

I guess some insight as to where my head is at could be gleaned by inspecting the following list:

http://johnludi.com/books.htm

I'm pretty much a lifetime consumer of tin...had a lot of early childhood experiences that set me on that path that I am too exhausted to get into right now, but I have never really thought of reality as "fixed", and that opens up a LOT of territory.

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#12 [url]

Dec 11 07 4:33 AM

Hiya buzzard, smile  great to have you here, welcome - and you’re talking my language dude! Re the sci-fi, me too. Always loved it. I think half the fun and challenge of tin is working out what might be true and what probably isn’t - but nearly all the stories are such great stories. What intrigues me is sometimes “working backwards” and then beginning to believe some of that which seems initially ludicrous actually seems to have some good evidence to support it.

Lou I’d really love to hear more about that forbidden archaeology.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Dec 11 07 4:48 AM

Nobody does.  We can only guess.  Reminds me of an old 'Non Sequitur' cartoon:

There is a maze with humans in it- sitting at desks, etc. and two rats in lab coats are standing over it.  One is holding a flashlight, and says, "Watch this." And flashes the light on the humans in the maze.

The caption reads:  "How religions get started."  :D

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#18 [url]

Dec 11 07 5:02 AM

Hey welcome Broil, smile  wonderful to see you. Even if we had rules the QOT (Queen of Tin aka Lou) wouldn’t be subject to them anyway since she’s tin royalty and all. wink

John, welcome again.smile   I’m so pleased that you’re here. I never thought of it as being tin at the time but I remember going to our school library when I was just 8 or 9 and taking out all these books on UFO’s and the paranormal a lot of the time. Sometimes I’d read the UFO/alien stories and they’d scare the hell out of me and I could barely sleep at night for worrying about the aliens. So weird. Kids huh. But I also had other experiences at a young age which convinced me reality was often far from what it seemed to be. I’ve always believed so much of what we call “normality” is just a façade and that you could even tear that façade down.

Quote    Reply   

anewday

Foil Jester

#19 [url]

Dec 11 07 5:02 AM

Wow you can take a class in college on Native American healing?!  I am so...behind living in the south, or I guess its just me.  

Well I'm risenshine, but changed to anewday cuz for me it is a new day. I live in Tennessee and have 6 children 3 living on their own, one in college, one at home still and one in heaven. I'm 54 and married to a great guy and live in suburbia.   
My life right now is pretty much wraped up in doom, I tell others its not but truly when I look at what I do every day it is.  I'm taking a class on metal casting  at our local art college because for one I love art, but the other is so I can cast my gold {what little I have} into jewelry so the .gov won't take it, if it ever comes to that!  Figured it might be a good thing to know how to do. 

I'm with Emeline on the tin and the Bible, it amazes me how its all connected. 

Glad to be here, I don't post much but I read EVERY day and you all just fascinate me with your wisdom!

ps. where is the spell check!  I can't live without spell check.

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#20 [url]

Dec 11 07 5:06 AM

chesire
just another watcher 

-chesire

Chessie, welcome dude!    I'm glad you're here.  You've had some mega-good tin as well. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help