Remove this ad

periol

Silver Monarch

Lead

May 5 10 2:50 AM

Tags : :

My former roommate and podcast partner, and current dj partner - the hixter - called me today with some news.  He's been keeping an eye on craigslist postings recently to see if we can find a good set of turntables to complete our travelling dj kit - a necesity for taking our show on the road, weddings, etc.

Anyways, today he casually happened across a couple that seemed interesting and similar, though they were being sold by different people.  One was local to us both, and that guy brought it over, and everything checked out.  So then the hixter went to check out the other one, might as well complete the pair even if they weren't the same table...

...except they were the same table.  same scratches on the front, same wear&tear on the back, same green tape marking the audio ins/outs, same slip pad even to cover the table...  

so, six years ago, a DJ gave up his stuff.  he sold one table to a guy near us, and gave the other table to his brother.  now, six years later, on the same day, both guys threw their tables up on craigslist, one mislabeled his as the wrong type, but the hixter, only casually looking himself, saw both, and now we have a matched pair to play with.  which is a way good thing, and on the super cheap as well.

crazy!  it's like those turntables missed each other or something? !?  i don't know.  there's lots of stuff like this happening around me right now.  not sure what's going on.

but i like it :)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

periol

Silver Monarch

#2 [url]

May 5 10 8:13 AM

i know, right?

and i don't know if i ever mentioned, but the story of how i am a DJ is kinda weird too.  I have a little thing for old analog synthesizers, and I was in a somewhat tight spot financially and decided to sell a couple.  Well, the guy who responds to my ad ends up not having much cash, but he gives me a crate full of hip-hop records as collateral for the synths.

Long story short, he never, ever got back to me, and those records were worth way more than the synths.  And because of that crate, I was able to start spinning - because I have to be honest, the odds of me willfully going out and buying 100 or so hip-hop records was slim-to-none at that point.  Wasn't even on my radar.

But apparently, the universe knew where I was heading, and gave me a gentle nudge.  

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help