Remove this ad

emeline

Silver Monarch

Lead

Sep 6 10 10:39 PM

Tags : :

Hey everyone,

I think this forum has really run it's course. I don't think we should see this as a "fail".  I think this happens to a lot of forums in the end, especially when it's a fairly restricted field of topics and sometimes it starts to get kind of repetitive.

My suggestion is anyone who wants to continue just moves over to Silent Country and we use their "Tinfoil" section.  I am sure that Alex would have no objection.

That way we can all still keep in touch if we want or need to, we have a wider field of topics on the rest of Silent Country (which I know many of us are interested in) and I just think it would be a good solution.

Thoughts anyone?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

periol

Silver Monarch

#1 [url]

Sep 6 10 11:28 PM

it is what it is.

i stopped going to silent country because some of the conversations over there were, shall we say, too coarse for my liking, but that's ok.  i'm busy enough in real life i don't even have time to post the tinfoil stuff i come across anymore.  

that said, maybe we can cut off new posts but leave the old ones up?  it's still a valuable tool that i use sometimes to go back and look at various topics we discussed.

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#2 [url]

Sep 6 10 11:41 PM

periol, yeah, I think we're both pretty much the same - lots going on IRL, not much spare time for online right now, good thing really.

We will definitely leave this up, just close it to new posts.

Let's wait to see if anyone else has any comments anyway, maybe suggestions other than Silco?

The other thing is there are now so many groups on Facebook on tinfoily and other subjects so I suspect a lot of discussion is now taking place on FB groups.

Quote    Reply   

ericreinhardt2003

Silver Monarch

#3 [url]

Sep 6 10 11:50 PM

You DARE think of closing down the forum without first consulting the King of Tin?!! . . . there shall be weeping and gnashing of dentures!! ; )

Understandable. I wouldn't have a problem moving over to Silent Country. I've posted there in the past and a number of the people there seem happy when I post In the tinfoil section. As per facebook, I'm not a big fan of it. A lot of censoring at different levels and not particularly user friendly in many respects as far as I'm concerned.

Quote    Reply   

antelopone

Tin Warrior

#5 [url]

Sep 7 10 5:27 PM

Words are little comfort unless they lead men back to God. Worship is simply acknowledging God's love and light and making use of it to shed your pains and sorrows. That is all that God asks -- to give Him your pain and receive love, light, and comfort in return. He is always with you. Simply close your eyes and allow yourself to be comforted by Him in your own heart where He dwells always. That is the way home. That is the way of love. All else is the path of Maya, pain, and suffering. -- J.E. Ante

Quote    Reply   

concernedmomma

Silver Monarch

#7 [url]

Sep 9 10 3:21 PM

Oh well, it's been fun

I hope to see you all around.

I wont be joining silent country. I just don't fit in over there.

Truth be told I don't post much more on the internet anyway.

Love you all and will miss you, but this new forum set up just doesn't suit me for catching up and reading stuff fast so I have shied away

Feel free to email me or what not.

Love to all
K

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

tlr1138

Silver Monarch

#8 [url]

Sep 9 10 11:40 PM

That's too bad. I don't post much anymore, but it's nice knowing the place is here. A lot of forums have been shutting down recently.
Oh well, I guess all good things must come to an end. It was nice foiling with you all!

Quote    Reply   

emeline

Silver Monarch

#9 [url]

Sep 10 10 1:22 AM

Hey guys, thanks for the comments.

I'm really hoping you do all come to Silco but if you don't and you have Facebook I'd love to stay in touch that way if we could. Please just drop me a message here as I'll check back in for a while and hopefully we can "friend" each other over there.

Love to all.

Quote    Reply   

antelopone

Tin Warrior

#10 [url]

Sep 10 10 7:22 PM

This forum has many times more people who simply lurk and do not log into the forum to be anonymous to read the posts. But Silent Country does not seem to have this feature so you must log into the site to read any of the posts even if you are a registered member. So Silent Country will not have the anonymous features which this site has which most of the Tinfoil member use.  But I seriously doubt that this or any other website is actually anonymous in any manner so I doubt that it will matter.

So this Silent Country website is probably much more "convenient" and "economical" for the intelligence services to use to monitor the Tinfoil and prepper communities. -- J.E. Ante

Last Edited By: antelopone Sep 10 10 7:31 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Sep 11 10 7:58 PM

antelopone wrote:
This forum has many times more people who simply lurk and do not log into the forum to be anonymous to read the posts. But Silent Country does not seem to have this feature so you must log into the site to read any of the posts even if you are a registered member. So Silent Country will not have the anonymous features which this site has which most of the Tinfoil member use.  But I seriously doubt that this or any other website is actually anonymous in any manner so I doubt that it will matter.

So this Silent Country website is probably much more "convenient" and "economical" for the intelligence services to use to monitor the Tinfoil and prepper communities. -- J.E. Ante

Just created a new account so I could reply to this.

Just wanted to clarify... Silent Country is behind a members only door so that people can feel secure in their discussions without every webbot, crawler, and search index picking up the threads and adding them to some archive someplace,

If TPTB want to intercept online communications at  the ISP level, well there isnt much we can do about that. But I will be damned if I am going to leave the door open to make it easier for them :-P 

It's true that Silco is more focused on collapse in general, whether it be environmental, financial, or industrial, but it has always maintained a "Tin" section because not everything fits nicely in some little box of logic. Em, approached me to take up the slack with TFP closing because she knows that of all the offshoots of the LATOC days, Silco has remained probably the most 'open' to discussion and debate while keeping an open mind and requiring respect between members. 

So, while I know that any one forum may not be for everyone, and I certainly understand and respect that, I just wanted everyone to know why Silco is a closed community. Privacy and freedom of discussion are far more important to me that getting more google traffic :-) 

For those who need a membership please list Em in your referrer field so I know where you were sent from and I will activate your account asap.

I look forward to the conversations you all bring to the table.
:-) 

NYLB 

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Sep 11 10 11:42 PM

Thank you Em and all the other super smart members who have posted cool stuff over the years.
I suggest the archdruidreport  by John Michael Greer  as another blog worth reading. He writes an essay every week that is posted on Wed.  He has a very intelligent broad and well integrated point of view.  This last month or so he has written about the myth of progress and why making emotionally based feel good predictions about doomsday crisis and how god or science will save us is useless.  He references history and hard science a lot.

Happy trails to all

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help